Valued Contributor
maniben

Wireless bridge

Is it possible to set up a purely wireless bridge between any 2 TT supplied routers? (upstairs +downstairs). Have a spare one hence the thought. ( Want to have upstairs pc use the downstairs internet connection without any wires or homeplugs). WHich routers might be compatible here?

If so, any ideas how?

Thanks
Valued Contributor
M44RKD

Re: Wireless bridge

Originally Posted by maniben
Is it possible to set up a purely wireless bridge between any 2 TT supplied routers? (upstairs +downstairs). Have a spare one hence the thought. ( Want to have upstairs pc use the downstairs internet connection without any wires or homeplugs). WHich routers might be compatible here?

If so, any ideas how?

Thanks

they would both have to support WDS and well ya would lose signal as would half (i think) best thing to do if possible is what i have done and connect them together via ethernet cable.
Community Star
jcampy

If so, any ideas how?
Thanks

well the only way to do this would be WDS this is limited to G speed wireless and only supports WEP encryption that can be broken in under a minute
and TT router do not support WDS the easyer ist way would be to use a wifi adapter for the computer unless there some reason why you cant use w-fi?

Don't forget to add your phone number to your forum profile

Valued Contributor
baz134dog

Did anyone mention WDS?:smileyindifferent:lol
Valued Contributor
M44RKD

Originally Posted by baz134dog
Did anyone mention WDS?:smileyindifferent:lol

think i mighta done yep, but think it got overlooked :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:
Valued Contributor
baz134dog

Originally Posted by markdyer72
think i mighta done yep, but think it got overlooked :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

OK, just in case .............. both routers need to have WDS capability.:robotwink:
Valued Contributor
maniben

The only reason is I dont want to spend any money, (if I can help it ) in having to buy a PCI or USb adapter.

Thanks
Super Contributor
Tripper

The only reason is I dont want to spend any money, (if I can help it ) in having to buy a PCI or USb adapter.

Thanks

MD will sub you if you ask him nicely - he has plenty :smileywink::smileyvery-happy:
Valued Contributor
M44RKD

Originally Posted by Tripper
MD will sub you if you ask him nicely - he has plenty :smileywink::smileyvery-happy:

maybe i have , maybe i havent but whatever i do have is ov no concern to u or any1 else for that matter :smileyvery-happy:
Valued Contributor
maniben

Spare me some, Mark, please !
Valued Contributor
billybob

mark if you leave some in a brown envelope under your seat at the x factor finals on the Saturday i will collect it on the Sunday.
sorted, that saves the postage. :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy: lollol
barney's rabbit suki dug me my new home, and its lovely and warm.
"If we ever need a new CM then baz134dog would be my choice"
Be nice to your kids: they'll choose your nursing home.
Valued Contributor
M44RKD

Originally Posted by billybob
mark if you leave some in a brown envelope under your seat at the x factor finals on the Saturday i will collect it on the Sunday.
sorted, that saves the postage. :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy: lollol

ok ill pm u what seat i was sitting in on saturday :smileyvery-happy: