Occasional Contributor
ricksoccerlad
Founder

Nuisance calls

Hi there,

Bit of a shot in the dark really but here goes.

I left BT a few months ago and ported my telephone number to Talk Talk. Before I was with BT I was a Talk Talk customer previously but left.

Now ever since we were with BT, and now Talk Talk we have had nuisance sales/accident type calls.

My question is when I was originally with Talk Talk before I left for BT - I had a telephone number that never got these type of calls. At the time I wanted to port this number to BT but Talk Talk would not allow this - so it's left effectively in a pool of disconnected numbers. I've called the number and it is still disconnected.

I'd like to know whether it's possible to get this old number back, as these sales calls (for someone I've never heard of) are a nightmare.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks.
OCE_Debbie
Topics: 0
Kudos: 672
Solutions: 344
Founder

Re: Nuisance calls

Hi ricksoccerlad,

Apologies for the delay.

Please see the below link for further information.

help.talktalk.co.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/1570/kw/nuisance

Have you also registered for TPS?

I'd like to know whether it's possible to get this old number back, as these sales calls (for someone I've never heard of) are a nightmare

In regards to re allocating the previous number, unfortunately we would be unable to do this.

Thanks

Debbie

Occasional Contributor
zebedy
Founder

Does dialing 1477 after they hang up do any good, ive tried it several times and get the automated message that the last call has been reported as a Nuisance/Malicious call
OCE_Debbie
Topics: 0
Kudos: 672
Solutions: 344
Founder

Hi zebedy,

There is further information on dialing 1477 in the link provided in my previous post.

Thanks

Debbie