New Contributor
ashlett

Talktalk anti virus software

Hi guys, some months ago I upgraded to plus and fibre. Soon afterwards I realised that I had lost my antivirus software. Assuming it had ended when I upgraded, I installed Avast. It wasn't until recently that I realised that I was still covered and downloaded the software again. I did remove Avast before hand. I acquired the key, and got it confirmed by email. However, when I place this in the designated boxes, it will not accept the key. I have tried several times, even ununstalling and re downloading the software, to no avail. If anyone has had this problem, could they please help. I have done all the usual things that the help desk had to offer. Many thanks. Mike.
Community Star
Fred_Sheehan

Re: Talktalk anti virus software

There is a 3 machine limit on the key, so if you have reinstalled or updated machines at all this may be seen as 'too many' registered.

The key can be reset by an OCE (staff) when they pick up your topic.

OCE_Karl
Topics: 5
Kudos: 1,209
Solutions: 506

Hi,

You can log into 'My Account' click 'Profile and Settings', then select 'Homesafe; on the left hand side.

Under the homesafe section on the right, is the link for SuperSafe boost.

In this section, you can Reset the Licence, view the Key and also download the most up to date version.

Thanks

Karl

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

New Contributor
ashlett

Hi guys, thanks for the info, have tried this many times, and it rejects the key every time. Have removed the programme, and then re-downloaded it, still no joy. The forum is full of similar experiences. Have given up now, and gone and got Microsofts free anti virus.  Many thanks for your help. Mike

OCE_Karl

Hi Mike,

sorry this did not work for you. I hope the new AV program you have works well. 

Thanks

Karl

New Contributor
nkav

OCE_Karl wrote:

Hi Mike,

sorry this did not work for you. I hope the new AV program you have works well. 

Thanks

Karl

is this the official talktalk line? if so it stinks at the end of the day we the customer are paying for a service that is not there, it may be free with the package but it is still the customer paying for it and it does not work! to say good luck with another package ads insult to injury.

OCE_Karl

Hi,

I'm sorry, you misunderstand me. I was not able to provide resolution in a timely manner, so Mike decided to explore another avenue. I simply wished him well with this. 

It does not mean that I do not accept there is an issue, or do not wish to resolve, and if he, or any customer has an issue with something, I will assist in any way I can.

Thanks

Karl