New Contributor
Diesel44

how do i connect recorder with my youview

Valued Contributor
T_PC_R

Re: how do i connect recorder with my youview

[ Edited ]

What type of recorder are you refering to ???

If it is DVD 

This may help

Coax Male to Male Wall socket into YouView box 
YouView box box either in low Eco mode, or with RF Loopthrough enabled in the menu system. 

Coax Female to Male from YouView box to Sony DVD Recorder. 
Coax Female to Male from Sony DVD Recorder to TV. 

YouView box via HDMI to TV 
Sony DVD Recorder via SCART to TV. 

Your TV may save picture settings individually for each input, so make sure if so to optimise it individually for HDMI, SCART, and its own tuner.

For those that are not sure how to set the RF Loopthrough, please see quote by QEL0465

QEL0465 wrote:

You can get to the Settings by pressing the "Y" button on your remote.  This will bring up the Youview menu, from where you can scroll left or right and select "Settings".  The option to turn RF Loop to "on" is contained in "Device Management."

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

Honesty is the best policy why be forced to change,

How can we help those that are unwilling to help themselves
★Desk Jockey★Extended Profile★Basic Profile★Got Potential★Account Verified★Active

Participant ★Feedback Loop
Community Star
Fred_Sheehan

Welcome to the forum

The YouView box has a setting for RF loop in the system settings, this enables the aerial signal to be passed through to a recorder connected via the Aerial socket.

Your recorder will need a freeview or freeview HD recoder in it itself, you cannot send the YouView signal to a recorder, they only record direct to a built in hard drive if you have suich a model.

Occasional Contributor
patrick1971

Just followed these instructions and it worked perfectly! I would never have got to the last bit, changing the RF Loop settings, on my own, and it didn't work until I'd done this. Thanks a lot for your help.
New Contributor
Diesel44

Thank you works perfectly