Contributor
bearfreeman

Huawei Ascend Y210 reset?

Got a Huawei Ascend Y210 last week, it seemed to have issues regarding typing resulting in a double line of text, and sometimes the screen wouldn't react at all.

www.rain-alarm.com didn't always want to appear.

Also, Google Sky Map always has the same direction on the screen, but if I rotate the fone the direction of view changes.

One of the icons on the screen went missing, leaving a space on the screen.

Have I got a faulty fone, or is it possible to reset the fone back to normal and start again? If so how? :smileymad:
Contributor
bearfreeman

Re: Huawei Ascend Y210 reset?

A few days go, the fone started buzzing and the screen was flashing on and off, today I discovered that Facebook doesn't want to work. The Google Sky Map directional problem is still there.

Originally Posted by bearfreeman
Got a Huawei Ascend Y210 last week, it seemed to have issues regarding typing resulting in a double line of text, and sometimes the screen wouldn't react at all.

www.rain-alarm.com didn't always want to appear.

Also, Google Sky Map always has the same direction on the screen, but if I rotate the fone the direction of view changes.

One of the icons on the screen went missing, leaving a space on the screen.

Have I got a faulty fone, or is it possible to reset the fone back to normal and start again? If so how? :smileymad:
Community Star
Fred_Sheehan

how well a stylus works oin phones depends on the type of screen, capacitive or resistive.

resitive are used on lower end phones and are not as sensitive, many are poor with a stylus. capacitive are better and usually OK.

to do a factory reset;

First take the battery out for five minutes and then put back in. Hold down the power, volume up and send buttons until in vibrates

that should be it, the other way is to go into settings, security and you should also have the option for a factory wipe/reset.

as for having issues with apps like google sky maps, is your phone perhaps running out of RAM, the phone had very little to start with (only 256 MB) and big apps like that can easily fail to give satisfactory performance on low end phones.

processor should be fast enough though;

www.gsmarena.com/huawei_ascend_y210d-5365.php
Contributor
bearfreeman

[ Edited ]

Early in July, I ordered a Huawei Ascend Y 210 fone. I used it for a while but it had faults, such as the screen flashing on and off plus the fone was buzzing when I made a call on it. It also didn't display some websites properly, and would not work with Facebook, despite having a 4GB SD card installed. I asked if I could swop the fone for another make/model and was told I would have to stay with the same fone at this time, but that another make/model would be an option if the replacement Huawei Ascend wasn't any better. 

I arranged for a replacement but due to delays getting the faulty fone back to the depot, it took almost a week before I got the replacement. After a while it was apparent that the replacement fone still had problems. I spoke to one chap who said I had to get in touch with software developers to get the websites working. I replied that I thought this might be something to do with the Android Gingerbread OS the fone was using, to which the guy replied he "wasn't allowed to say so, but as I had mentioned the Gingerbread OS, that might well be the problem". This is deliberate deception on the part of TalkTalk, to fob customers off instead of telling the truth. I think this was 26th July. He led me to believe I could swop the fone for another make & model. I said I would look into different fones. 

Last weekend I spoke to a couple of TalkTalk people and explained the problems, and asked for a total refund. The woman I spoke to said that she would cancel the contract and refund all my money. Then she transferred me to a guy who said I could order an LG Optimus L3 with the latest Android Jelly Bean OS which would hopefully be okay. I asked about sending the Huawel back, but neither person came up with any suggestions, so I assumed I would hand the fone to the courier when the LG was delivered. I said I would look to see if I thought the LG Optimus would be okay, and the guy said he would fone back to find out what I wanted to do - [he didn't]. 

I looked at the LG fone on the 30th July, and I ordered an LG Optimus fone as I'd been told to do, but later that day I got an email saying my order had been cancelled. I spoke to someone who seemed shocked that I had a fone on the 'Small' £5 a month tariff; "You only get 100 minutes", told me that I must have cancelled the order, and told me to hang on the line, but the line went dead so I hung up and did not get a call back. 

I ordered the LG again, the following day got an email saying the fone was out of stock, and it would be next week before another delivery was expected. 

Thursday 1st of August I got an email saying that order had been cancelled.  I spoke to someone who told me I could not swop the fone and I asked to speak to his his supervisor, who said I could wait in for the fone to be collected by courier, or I could take it to a Carphone Warehouse shop for repair. I said I wanted a replacement and suggested posting the fone back to Wednesbury to save time, and was just in the process of confirming I'd get an LG Optimus sent back, when the guy said I'd get another Huawei Ascend!!!!! I asked to speak to his superior to clear this mess up, but was out when he rang. 

I've been messed around and fobbed off a lot by TalkTalk, so please can you just get an LG Optimus to me asap and pick the Huawei Ascend up at the same time? I'll hang on to my sim card to use in the LG. I want the Huawei contract cancelled entirely, with a full refund as I've had little use from the fone, so I can start afresh with the LG Optimus..

Contributor
bearfreeman

... Just had an email saying; 'We’re sorry to hear that you’ve decided to cancel your recent order. We can confirm the order is now fully closed'. Who is cancelling my orders? This is the THIRD ORDER for a replacement LG Optimus cancelled by someone!!!!!

OCE_Debbie
Topics: 1
Kudos: 916
Solutions: 413

Hi bearfreeman

Apologies for the delay.

Please see the following page for further information

What happens if I want to return my handset?

Thanks

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution