Occasional Contributor
SimonB1978

Talk Talk Mobile and Broadband Cancellation query

Hi,

I am currently in the process of leaving Talk Talk to move to another provider but just read with horror that only Talk Talk customers can have a TT mobile, will I land myself with the charges for cancellation by moving my broadband?

Regards

Simon
OCE_Mark
Topics: 10
Kudos: 867
Solutions: 441

Re: Talk Talk Mobile and Broadband Cancellation query

Hi SimonB1978,

The Mobile service would remain unaffected by the cancellation during its minimum contract term.

Regards

M:smileyhappy:

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

Occasional Contributor
SimonB1978

Thanks :smileysurprised:) Phew - that's good to know! Just hope they get the blackberry service activated now so I can use the internet - apparently its been referred for a two day response........
OCE_Mark

Hi Simon,

No problem, if you have any other queries feel free to let us know.

Regards

Valued Contributor
baz134dog

Originally Posted by OCE_Mark
Hi SimonB1978,
The Mobile service would remain unaffected by the cancellation during its minimum contract term.
Regards

Not strictly correct.
You would no longer have the benefit of free calls to your landline, they would be used from your monthly allowance instead.
Also, you would not be able to renew your mobile contract(s) when they finish.
OCE_Mark

Hi Baz,

Thanks for the input, I was confirming more in terms of the service remaining active, but you are correct that the landline link would obviously be lost if the landline were to be migrated away from TT.

As confirmed above this is for the duration of the contract term i.e. not renewable.

Regards

Regular Contributor
Kev Rooster

When a person moves providers for landline and Broadband do they remain keeping the free calls to the landline (Mobile service)even though its now with another provider.
True sayings:

You say I'm always happy, and that I'm good at what I do, but what you'll never realize is, I'm a damn good actress too
Banned
laraine13

Originally Posted by Kev Rooster
When a person moves providers for landline and Broadband do they remain keeping the free calls to the landline (Mobile service)even though its now with another provider.

Did you read OCE Marks reply just above?:smileyhappy:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am not a pole dancer. Just a dancer

Regular Contributor
Kev Rooster

Originally Posted by laraine13
Did you read OCE Marks reply just above?:smileyhappy:

Yes I did read the post issued by Mark.

Quote:
Hi Baz,

Thanks for the input, I was confirming more in terms of the service remaining active, but you are correct that the landline link would obviously be lost if the landline were to be migrated away from TT.

As confirmed above this is for the duration of the contract term i.e. not renewable.

My question differs from Marks response. My question: In brief when a landline and broadband customer moves to another provider while still in a 12 months contract (Mobile) would that person still be able to call the landline number as this formed part of the contract with Talk Talk when the mobile was taken out.

The Landline number may now be with another provider however the deal when the handset was taken was that the landline calls would be free to the Talk Talk landline. The landline link is gone yes I agree however the link I understand as above is that once the service (Landline) moves from Talk Talk the possibility to have a sim or mobile after leaving landline would not be possible. There has to be some sort of agreement in place
True sayings:

You say I'm always happy, and that I'm good at what I do, but what you'll never realize is, I'm a damn good actress too
Valued Contributor
OtherHalf

My question: In brief when a landline and broadband customer moves to another provider while still in a 12 months contract (Mobile) would that person still be able to call the landline number as this formed part of the contract with Talk Talk when the mobile was taken out.

If you migrate your landline to another provider, you would no longer have a Talktalk landline. As such, how could you call your Talktalk landline, from your mobile, if you don't have one?
I asked this same question not long ago:
www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98920
If you choose to migrate your landline services, by default, you are altering the terms of any associated deals.

Originally Posted by OtherHalf
If you migrate your landline to another provider, you would no longer have a Talktalk landline. As such, how could you call your Talktalk landline, from your mobile, if you don't have one?

I asked this same question not long ago:
www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98920

If you choose to migrate your landline services, by default, you are altering the terms of any associated deals.

So the customer then has the right to withdraw from the mobile agreement as they no longer get what was paid for
True sayings:

Valued Contributor
OtherHalf

So the customer then has the right to withdraw from the mobile agreement as they no longer get what was paid for

How did you come to that conclusion? Are you not reading the information people are giving you, or are you trying to find a way out of a mobile contract without having to pay any cessation fees? :smileymad:
In the scenario you have outlined, it was your choice to migrate your landline services, it was your choice to give up the free mobile to landline calls, it was your choice to carry on paying for something you can no longer use. It is not Talktalk's fault you are no longer getting something you originally had. You can not leave your mobile contract without fees.
I don't believe I can make that any clearer.

plus the fact that ur number would no longer b a talk talk number and therefore u urself have changed the terms ov use and therefore if tt wanted to they coud cease the mobile contract, but as such they leave it in place for the duration the contract but u will lose all benefits associated with it such as calling ur home landline, as that is now not ur talk talk home landline
Regular Contributor
Kev Rooster

How about the Talk Talk to Talk Talk numbers does that remain?
True sayings:

Community Star
jcampy

How about the Talk Talk to Talk Talk numbers does that remain?

did you read the link provided
Calls to other TalkTalk
mobiles would come from the associated minutes
allocation.

Don't forget to add your phone number to your forum profile

Valued Contributor
OtherHalf

Originally Posted by jcampy
did you read the link provided

Obviously not. lol

Originally Posted by OtherHalf
Obviously not. lol

NOPE................:smileyindifferent::smileyindifferent::smileyindifferent::smileyindifferent::smileyindifferent:
True sayings:

Retired
Nathann

Hi Kev Rooster,

I can see you have already received responses to your query. Please let us know if you require any further help.

Thanks

Nathan