New Contributor
Allan Carty

Customer complaint - write to the CEO?

Hi, Can someone tell me how to get a letter to the CEO (Chief Exec. Officer) of TalkTalk please? I need to talk to someone who can actually sort customer service out...it's all about a joined up process or lack of it in this case.

I have already written a lengthy letter of complaint to the published address but have not had a response yet. I recently switched from BT and the letter centred on the time it took to get my broadband connected and working, being on hold witing to be connected and the time it takes to get answers back from 3rd line support. The problem turned out to be a misconfigured card in the talkTalk network - solved by a 1st line person after a number of calls in to different people. Then I was told that I needed an 'N' Router (not the Dlink I had received) to get the best out of talktalk pro, so I requested one and so far I have been sent three D-ink routers....And now I have been billed for the connection charge when the online offer negates the comnnection charge, and to cap it of I have been charged for a call I made to TalkTalk to sort out the broadband connnection problem originally; where I was on hold listening to that dreadful ''we are together and we are one'' (I don't feel we are together at all!) music....Not only that, but when I called to get the billing queried/changed this morning, when I did get through, a message stated that ''all the systems were down and asking me to call back tomorrow''.....what sort of customer service is this?

Anyone offer me some help with this ridiculous situation? I'd be most grateful.

Regards

Allan
Super Contributor
trinidad

Re: Customer complaint - write to the CEO?

Originally Posted by Allan Carty
Hi, Can someone tell me how to get a letter to the CEO (Chief Exec. Officer) of TalkTalk please? I need to talk to someone who can actually sort customer service out...it's all about a joined up process or lack of it in this case.

I have already written a lengthy letter of complaint to the published address but have not had a response yet. I recently switched from BT and the letter centred on the time it took to get my broadband connected and working, being on hold witing to be connected and the time it takes to get answers back from 3rd line support. The problem turned out to be a misconfigured card in the talkTalk network - solved by a 1st line person after a number of calls in to different people. Then I was told that I needed an 'N' Router (not the Dlink I had received) to get the best out of talktalk pro, so I requested one and so far I have been sent three D-ink routers....And now I have been billed for the connection charge when the online offer negates the comnnection charge, and to cap it of I have been charged for a call I made to TalkTalk to sort out the broadband connnection problem originally; where I was on hold listening to that dreadful ''we are together and we are one'' (I don't feel we are together at all!) music....Not only that, but when I called to get the billing queried/changed this morning, when I did get through, a message stated that ''all the systems were down and asking me to call back tomorrow''.....what sort of customer service is this?

Anyone offer me some help with this ridiculous situation? I'd be most grateful.

Regards

Allan

Hello Allan,

you wanted to know how to make a complaint, especially to the CEO of TalkTalk, I did a search for you, and discovered the following information:

How do I make a complaint?
If you're dissatisfied with any of our products or services, please contact us to allow us the opportunity to resolve your query.

You can contact us by telephone, email or post:

Telephone: 0870 444 1820 (if you have a disability, please call 0870 087 2001)
Email: www.talktalk.co.uk/emailus
Get further help from TalkTalk Representatives and Customers in our Members' Forums.

I also found the following information for you:

Carphone Warehouse Group
Talk Talk Charles Dunstone, Chief Executive Officer
dunstoc@cpwplc.com

As I have never used any of the information above, I do not know if its out of date.

I see you have had some problems with connection and billing, is this the first time you are raising these problems on the forum? If so, can I ask you hold back from complaining and give the talktalk green tops (staff) the opportunity to answer and sort out your problems?

you said you was charged a call when telephoning talktalk, are you on a BT line or a TalkTalk line? I ask, because most if not all calls to IT support are free?
Trinidad, the hotest place to ever be!!
New Contributor
Allan Carty

Hi Trinidad,

Thanks for the info and advice. I have already been onto the help desk but hadn't found the CEO email address, so I appreciate you digging this out for me.

The line has been cut over to talktalk so should not hnot have been billed for it IMO.

I guess I am getting so frustrated with the responses - the people really try hard to resolve things but they just don't get it resolved....also I get different info when I call in to the helpdesks too...

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Much appreciated.

Allan
Super Contributor
trinidad

no problem allan,

the green tops who work on the talktalk forum will pick your problems up on monday or tuesday. They are a 1000 times better than phone support, good luc
Trinidad, the hotest place to ever be!!
Super Contributor
lgb2100

Originally Posted by Allan Carty
Hi Trinidad,

Thanks for the info and advice. I have already been onto the help desk but hadn't found the CEO email address, so I appreciate you digging this out for me.

The line has been cut over to talktalk so should not hnot have been billed for it IMO.

I guess I am getting so frustrated with the responses - the people really try hard to resolve things but they just don't get it resolved....also I get different info when I call in to the helpdesks too...

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Much appreciated.

Allan

I've used Mr. Dunstone's e-mail address a year or so back (I found it on the USA's carphone's warehouse website), and my problems were resoved almost immediately.
Frequent Contributor
muggle1977

Hi Allan

I have Charles Dunstons email address if you want it. But As said before the green tops are really good at sorting stuff out. Good luck and if you need the email drop me a pvt message and ill send you it.
OCE_Mark
Topics: 10
Kudos: 996
Solutions: 498

HI Allan,

Im more than happy to investgate into this sisue for you.

If you do choose to contact the CEO directly I cannot provide assistance as isue handled by the CEO's office are allocated a specific CEO Agent and they will deal with all aspect of your complaints. As the CEO's office is the highest level of escalatin there decisions superceed any actions I can take.

If you do want me to investgate I need to confirm some further details which I have sent via PM (*top right). Please do not post these in the open forum.

Cheers

M:smileyhappy:

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

Frequent Contributor
HawksEyes

Let us know how you get on.

If it works I might give it a go as I'm getting nowhere with my "stuck" order!
OCE_Mark

HI allna,

I understand from your PM that you ahve had the billing issues resovled via Cusotmer Services and you have requested confirmaiton that you are on pro and your line proffile.

I can see that your plan is TT Pro and you have the 24MB status on your line on the 24ISNR12 profile.

In regards to the N router you have queried I understand you ahve 3 D-Link routers. TalkTalk do provide a D-Link N router. Can you cofnirm the model number on your router as the earlier orders appears to be for the correct router type. If this is the 2740R and has 3 aerials then you already ahve the N Router.

In respect to the connection fee this is charged in the intial instance and then credited back on your second or third invoice. if this is not credited by your third invoice feel free to bump your thread and I can investgate further.

Cheers

New Contributor
Allan Carty

Thanks Mark,

Only just seen your response - was following the other thread with Stephen...Yes my router has three aerials so I guess it is already an N.....You are the first and only person to tell me how to differentiate them...Thank you.

As for the billing issue not resolved but Pam from the team says it will be by Thuersday - happy to let Pam run with her suggested fix till Thursday.

Regards Allan
OCE_Mark

No Problem Allan,

If you have any other issues feel free to start a new thread

Cheers

New Contributor
Allan Carty

Hi Mark, The billing issue is now being dealt with by the talktalk directors office.

Regards

Allan
OCE_Mark

Hi Allan,

Glad to see this has been picked up. You should reiceve a dedicated point of contact in the CEO's Office who will handle this issue through to resolution.

The Forum cannot offer further assistance while the CEO's Office investgate as any decision they make would superceed any actison I can take. By all mens however feel free to update your thread with the outcome.

Cheers