Contributor
OriginalMoo
Founder

Having a NIGHTMARE with account.

Hi,

basically i moved home a few weeks ago. Previous to this my phone number was ***REMOVED NUMBER*** (now disconnected). My new phone number ends in 317. When i log into my account it tells me i have an outstanding balance of £91 (which includes £50 moving fee - no engineer visit needed and was told this would be spread over a few months bills!)

I have paid the £91 this morning via my account (and have an email reciept from talktalk) yet when i log in to look at my services it tells me the £91 is still outstanding and i cant change anything.

can someone take a look at my account and tell me whats happening because i am also having horrific service problems yet when i call talktalk they keep telling me i'm on the wrong number and are of ZERO help whatsoever.

Am still within my 30 days cooling off perioud and am tempted to cancel it within the next day if nothing gets any better. The speed is terrible with an average download of 1.4mb anyways. Totally unhappy - please help as i have been happy with talktalk previously.

thanks

Mark
OCE_Emma
Topics: 2
Kudos: 433
Solutions: 267
Founder

Re: Having a NIGHTMARE with account.

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forums.

Please do not post any telephone numbers etc on the open forums.

I have sent a private message to confirm a couple of details. Please do not post any of the information requested on the open forums.

Cheers
Em x

OCE_Emma
Founder

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the PM and confirmation of details.

Your old account is still showing as active on our billing systems. I can see a cease command has completed meaning that a service is not being provided and I have asked the Ops Support team to ensure billing is ceases on this account as soon as possible.

The old account registered in My Account can not have the services amended due to the fact the service is no longer live. You would need to register your new account for online billing in order to amend the services for this account.

It is not possible to spread any charges over several invoices. I am sorry if you were advised that this would be the case.

If you are unhappy with the speed of your broadband connection at your new property please post in the speed and web browsing forum. I would recommend you update your forum profile to your new account details before completing this.

Cheers
Em x

Contributor
OriginalMoo
Founder

Thanks Emma,

yes thats correct. the problem is it shouldve ceased on the 11th March as that is when i moved out and advised via a telephone conversation at the end of February. The new person who is at my old address had been using the phoneline as it wasnt ceased by talktalk so i will not be paying any call charges after the 11th. I'm not sure what will happen with those charges but can you confirm that i wont be accountable for them.

thanks

Mark
OCE_Emma
Founder

Hi Mark,

Once the account is ceased I will be able to look at any charges that have been billed. I'll post back once I receive a reply from the Ops team.

Cheers
Em x

Contributor
OriginalMoo
Founder

Thanks Emma. :smileyhappy:
OCE_Emma
Founder

No problem :smileyhappy:

Cheers
Em x

OCE_Emma
Founder

Hi OriginalMoo,

The Ops Support team have advised they are investigating your account. I'll post again once I have a further update.

Cheers
Em x

Contributor
OriginalMoo
Founder

thanks, i assume the investigation is based around the calls made after i moved out?
OCE_Emma
Founder

Hi OriginalMoo,

The investigation is regarding the account status and ensuring your account shows as disconnected. I will deal with the billing once the account is disconnected.

Cheers
Em x

Contributor
OriginalMoo
Founder

so is this a normal thing when an account is closed then?

ta

Mark
OCE_Emma
Founder

Hi Mark,

This is not normal which is why the account has been sent for investigation.

Cheers
Em x

Contributor
OriginalMoo
Founder

apologies if it sounds like i'm being stupid then.

Am not wholly sure what the investigation is looking for?
OCE_Emma
Founder

Hi OriginalMoo,

The Ops team need to find what the problem is that is preventing your account from showing as disconnected. They then need to fix the problem which will result in your account showing as disconnected. Once this has happened I can address the billing for the account.

Cheers
Em x

Contributor
OriginalMoo
Founder

ah that clears it up.

thanks again :smileyhappy:
OCE_Emma
Founder

Hi Mark,

Your old account now shows as fully disconnected.

Cheers
Em x

Contributor
OriginalMoo
Founder

Many thanks, can you confirm what happened with the calls that were made after i left on the 11th March?

thanks
OCE_Emma
Founder

Hi Mark,

The calls will appear on your bill. Can you let me know once this has been received and I'll be able to address the charges for you.

Cheers
Em x

Contributor
OriginalMoo
Founder

Hi,

yes the bill is in now.

basically i left the property on 11th March so anything after that (inc line rental/broadband etc) isnt mine.

ta

Mark
Contributor
OriginalMoo
Founder

also, is there anything you can do about my moving house charge, just feels like you have me backed into a corner, i was faced with couple of hundred pounds cancellation fee or a £50 moving fee for what is almost a 9x slower service than i had previously.
thanks
Mark