Occasional Contributor
Barry1955
Accepted Solution

I carnt register for a online account it says my email is in use by another customer

OCE_Emma
Topics: 0
Kudos: 254
Solutions: 209
Founder

Re: I carnt register for a online account it says my email is in use by another customer

Hi Barry1955,

Welcome to the community.

Have you used your email address for online billing with a TalkTalk account before?

Cheers

Occasional Contributor
Barry1955

Re: I carnt register for a online account it says my email is in use by another customer

I was a member several years ago but I thought I used a different email address if I had a the same email address would it matter
OCE_Emma
Kudos: 254
Solutions: 209
Founder

Hi Barry1955,

Do you have the same account number?  If you have a new account number you'd need to use a different email address for online billing as an email can only be registered to one account.  If you've got the same account number you shoudn't need to complete registration.  This guide should help with My Account registration.

Cheers

Occasional Contributor
Barry1955

Can you not remove that email address as this is the only email address I have and use
Occasional Contributor
Barry1955

Yes close the old account so I can use my email address again ?
Occasional Contributor
Barry1955

I spoke to somebody at talktalk last week and they agreed with me that you should not have to change your email address and he would look into this matter for me but he never got back to me poor service
Frequent Contributor
RussellR
Founder

One way around this issue is to just open a new free email account, such as Gmail or Hotmail and then use that to register your account.

As long as you set your email reader to pick up mesages from your main account and the free account you will not miss anything.

If you are slightly more adventurous, you could set Hotmail/Gmail to forward any TalkTalk mail to forward messages automatically  to your main address.

OCE_Arne
Kudos: 390
Solutions: 383
Founder

[ Edited ]

Hi

In order for us to remove the address, we need to know the old account details and confirm data protection so  If you fill out this form, where it asks for twitter name, enter: Forum   , after you submit it you should receive a 12 digit reference code, if you post it in this thread, I can locate it, and once the details are confirmed we will respond via email.

Please dont post the account details on the open forum.  Also can you update your forum profile with your current telephone number, this will make it easier for us to find your account in future.

Regards