Super Contributor
mirage078

Mobile numbers

Hello and good morning....I've got a quick question and i can only find part of the answer on here.
I know that TT have the facility to block the calling of mobile numbers for customers, but do ALL mobile calls have to blocked ?
After yet another bill with higher than normal call charges (and alot of them mobiles) i need to take some action i think.
If you have the block, is there a prefix you can dial to enable you to call a mobile as i don't want to lose the facility altogether. Sometimes when i'm driving home from work my husband will call to ask me to pick something up - or if he is working away i will call him to see when he will be home etc.

Basically i just want to stop my children from calling their friends (that they have been with all day) on their mobiles. It seems that they find it 'uncool' to call eachothers house phones :smileymad:
A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out

Help!
OCE_Emma
Topics: 3
Kudos: 512
Solutions: 278

Re: Mobile numbers

Hi Fiona,

We can bar mobiles but it will be a permanant bar with no pin code to release. Usually takes 2-24 hours to set up and its not a guarenteed service. As with all things there are ways around it and if the little darlings figure them out then you could get landed with a hefty bill.

We've seen one recently where the kids called the operator and got them to connect them to the mobile number - you can imagine the call costs!!!

Cheers
Em x

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

Super Contributor
mirage078

Originally Posted by EmmaL
Hi Fiona,

We can bar mobiles but it will be a permanant bar with no pin code to release. Usually takes 2-24 hours to set up and its not a guarenteed service. As with all things there are ways around it and if the little darlings figure them out then you could get landed with a hefty bill.

We've seen one recently where the kids called the operator and got them to connect them to the mobile number - you can imagine the call costs!!!

Cheers
Em x

lol yes and mine would probably know the 'get around for that one already. My eldest has a liking to the 0800REVERSE number. When he ran out of phone credit he'd call me using that and muggins here accepted the call everytime because it could have been an emergency. I think it cost me about £4 each reverse call that he made to me from his mobile !

I'll just leave it as it is and go back to charging them i think lol
A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out

Help!
OCE_Emma
Topics: 3
Kudos: 512
Solutions: 278

No worries, if you do want to add barring at all let me know.

Cheers
Em x

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution