Occasional Contributor
Grahamm

Trying to cancel a Talk Talk account

I bet this won't get past the forum moderator!
Talk Talk is fine as long as you never want to cancel! When my father passed away the name on my mother's talk talk account changed and Talk Talk then cancelled the direct debit with no notice (this didn't seem to bother her other direct debit companies). My mother, just before Christmas, suffered a sever stroke leaving her incapable of speech and rational thought with the direct debit still not sorted out. I tried my best to cancel her Talk Talk account but the people in the Philippines refused to speak to me as I am not the account holder, they also refused to direct me to a person in the UK to try to sort it out, even though I said that the account holder was no longer of sound mind. It took three months for me to get power of attorney and then we sent this form off as advised by OFCOM but still didn't hear anything - all the time the bills were mounting. We have just sent off another copy of the power of attorney as Talk Talk deny the first was received and we sent this off to Customer Services by special delivery - I have been informed by the Post Office that this was signed for by 'Ray', not very helpful at all. To make matters worse Talk Talk have now (after only a few months) put the matter in to the hands of a debt collection company (Roxburgh). This company not only calls me at work constantly but also calls my mothers nursing home demanding to speak to her. I would have loved to have paid her bill and cancelled the account but they won't let me. Instead it seems that they are quite happy to disturb an elderly lady who has just been widowed and who now has no comprehension of the matter. Please, please Talk Talk let me cancel this account and leave my mother in peace!!
Occasional Contributor
Grahamm

Re: Trying to cancel a Talk Talk account

Latest installment: Guess what? Now Talk Talk won't talk to me any more as they say that the matter is in the hands of their debt collectors!! :smileymad: My own subscription runs out on the 22nd August - guess whether I will be renewing or not!
Has anyone else suffered like this?
OCE_Emma
Topics: 3
Kudos: 543
Solutions: 295

Hi Grahamm,

Welcome to the forums. As you had posted in the general section of the forums I've moved your thread to the customer services support section.

I am sorry to hear of the problems you and your mother have expereiced with her account. I have sent a private message to confirm a couple of details then I'll be able to take a look into this matter for you. Please do not post any of the information requested on the open forums.

Cheers
Em x

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

Occasional Contributor
Grahamm

Latest instalment: TT now want the details of my mother's old bank account even though I have supplied her name, telephone number, post code and address. I am assuming that they intend to try to reactivate her account (which they themselves cancelled!) and take the money that they are believed they are owed. I have asked why they need this when the can bring up my own details just with my telephone number and post code.I await the next move with interest. :smileywink:
OCE_Emma

Hi Grahamm,

You assume incorrectly. Certain information is required in order for security checks to be completed. This is the same for any customer seeking account specific information on the forums. We can not assist with any account specific matter until this information is provided. If you had a query specific to your own account you would be asked to supply the same information in relation to that.

Cheers
Em x

OCE_Emma

Hi Grahamm,

Thanks for the PM and confirmation of details. Please send a copy of the POA documentation marked for my attention and including your forum user name to ttmfcontactus@talktalkplc.com.

Cheers
Em x

Occasional Contributor
Grahamm

You already have it, we sent it special delivery and it was signed for by 'Ray' in your customer services department on the 17th July. I haven't had it back yet. Please don't tell me you have lost a second one - the first one was sent recorded delivery in April!

I suggest you find out who 'Ray' is as this is getting silly.

Graham
OCE_Emma

Hi Grahamm,

It would be impossible to locate someone on a first name only. Original documentation should not be provided as we can not guarentee it will be returned. A copy is requested and for the forum team to assist we need it to be provided to us as requested in my last post.

Cheers
Em x

Occasional Contributor
Grahamm

First of all we did send a certified copy as requested.
If it is impossible to locate someone within your organisation that only signed for the POA with their first name, would you mind telling me please why this individual did ONLY sign with his first name and why he was allowed to do this. Also, what was the point of me sending you the POA special delivery as originally requested by you and advised by OFCOM?
I am seriously debating whether to contact the small claims court to retrieve the cost of both copies of the POA's sent to you.
Please contact your customer services department and ask them for a copy; they should have two - one from April and one from July. If this proves impossible, send me a stamped return envelope and I will send you a third copy.
Graham
Valued Contributor
M44RKD

Originally Posted by Grahamm
First of all we did send a copy as requested.

If it is impossible to locate someone within your organisation that only signed for the POA with their first name, would you mind telling me please why this individual did ONLY sign with his first name and why he was allowed to do this. Also, what was the point of me sending you the POA special delivery as originally requested by you and advised by OFCOM?

I am seriously debating whether to contact the small claims court to retrieve the cost of both copies of the POA's sent to you.

Please contact you customer services department and ask them for a copy; they should have two - one from April and one from July. If this proves impossible, send me a stamped return envelope and I will send you a third copy.

Graham

as OCE_Emma has said please dont poat anymotre copies, all u need to do is scan it and email it to her at the address she provided marked for her attention and includes ur forum username
Occasional Contributor
Grahamm

Problem is that we only had two CERTIFIED copies and now Talk Talk has both of them and, it seems, has lost both of them. The other problem is that, as I am sure you are aware, email is not secure and I have reservations of sending such an important document in this manner.

BTW, are you a TT employee or just trying to help?

Graham
Valued Contributor
M44RKD

Originally Posted by Grahamm
Problem is that we only had two CERTIFIED copies and now Talk Talk has both of them and, it seems, has lost both of them. The other problem is that, as I am sure you are aware, email is not secure and I have reservations of sending such an important document in this manner.
BTW, are you a TT employee or just trying to help?
Graham

nope not a TT employee just a normal customer like urself, trying to help, and sorry if sounds funny but u say email isnt secure, well neither does it seem is the royal mail, i mean god knows where ur 2 certified copies are in all fairness.... least with email OCE_Emma will have the info she needs to assist you....
OCE_Emma

Hi Graham,

If you require assistance from the forum team please provide the POA via the method requested in my earlier post.

Cheers
Em x

Occasional Contributor
Grahamm

I will ask you once again, please tell me why you cannot get one of my copies sent to your customer services department - they have both of my certified copies!!

Would you like me to call customer services and see if I can find out who 'Ray' is?
OCE_Emma

Hi Grahamm,

We are not part of the customer services team. We are part of the online support team. As such we have our own processes that must be followed if you wish to use the forum or other online support channels for assistance. Please provide the information requested if you require assistance from the forum team.

Cheers
Em x

Occasional Contributor
Grahamm

This is so unbelievably frustrating. Last week I sat next to my wife while she spoke to your customer services and set a password on to our account so that they would be able to deal with me (we were unable to set the account in joint names and it is in her name). This was duly accomplished.

I have just contacted customer service after spending 20 minutes on hold to be told that they won't speak to me as there has been no password set on the account!!!!

What on earth is happening? I seem to be living in some strange 'Brazil' or 'Kafkaesque' type of world.
OCE_Emma

Closing thread until requested information is provided. We can not offer any further support until this time.

Cheers
Em x

OCE_Emma

Hi Grahamm,

Thanks for the e-mails and POA documentation. Can you please re-send the details reqested by private message and I'll be happy to help with this matter.

Cheers
Em x

Occasional Contributor
Grahamm

I have only had one other private message and this was asking for my forum username which I have provided. Is this the private message that you are referring to?

Graham

Originally Posted by OCE_Emma
Hi Grahamm,

Thanks for the e-mails and POA documentation. Can you please re-send the details reqested by private message and I'll be happy to help with this matter.

Cheers
Em x
OCE_Emma

Hi Graham,

We can not store PMs therfore I need you to re-send the DPA PM to me to allow me to look into this issue.

Cheers
Em x