Occasional Contributor
greenraymond

no free local calls on talk talk essentials evening and weekends

I have just checked my May bill and find that I have been charged for some local calls which should be free 24/7. According to customer service they are no longer free which is unfortunate since it was a major selling point when I joined in Feb. However I see that OCE Emma on 30th march suggests that they continue to be free for customers who signed up for that deal. I don't want to buy the £4 boost if I can avoid it. Can anyone clarify the situation. Thanks in anticipation of your help.
OCE_Emma
Topics: 3
Kudos: 540
Solutions: 294

Re: no free local calls on talk talk essentials evening and weekends

Hi greenraymond,

Welcome to the forums.

I am sorry to hear you are being billed for local calls you believe should be free. I've sent a private message to confirm a couple of details then I'll be able to take a look into this. Please do not post any of the details requested on the open forums.

Cheers
Em x

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

OCE_Emma

Hi greenraymond,

Thanks for the PM and confirmation of details. You were upgraded to LLU services on 13th May 2010. This has resulted in you being placed on the most recent version of the Essentials tarff that does not include free calls. I have raised this already for another customer and I will let you know once I hear back from the products team regarding this.

Cheers
Em x

Occasional Contributor
greenraymond

Hi Emma
Its 6 days and I haven't heard from you - any progress.
Thanks
greenraymond
OCE_Emma

Hi greenraymond,

We've been busy behind the scenes on this one - sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I expect the inclusive local calls to be returned to your account by the end of the week along with a credit for the calls charged in error. If you could give this thread a bump on Monday I'll be able to check for you.

Cheers
Em x

New Contributor
racquetstringer

Hello, I also joined Talk Talk on the Essentials package. In the last 2-3 months I have noticed a number of phone calls which I have not made - phoned 'customers services'who eventually credited the account. Now I notice in my May bill that I;ve been charged for FREE LOCAL CALLS on 31 May. Interestingly, I called the same number a few days later in the daytime and this was free (i.e. FREE LOCAL CALL) - VERY INCONSISTENT OF TALKTALK and typical of the poor service I have experienced. I called their call centre (which takes over 1 hr) who weren't really helpful but said would call me back. Never did!. I emailed the Talk talk twice via the 'contact us' button on the website but have had no response. As far as I can see TalkTalk have blatently broken the contract and have removed the FREE LOCAL CALLS without notifiying customers. As I have been wiht TalkTalk since about Feb2010 then I should continue to receive FREE LOCAL CALLS !! Please investigate and respond ASAP. Mr Brown
OCE_Emma

Hi racquetstringer,

Please start a new thread if you have an issue you would like us to look into. Posting on others threads is known as spamming and is against forum rules as it leads to confusion and cross posting.

Cheers
Em x

Occasional Contributor
greenraymond

Hi Emma
Thanks for your help so far.
Can you confirm that my local calls are now free and the refund made for calls already charged.
Thanks
greenraymond
OCE_Emma

Hi greenraymond,

Credits have been raised on your account to cover the cost of local calls. You will now receive free daytime local calls as you did before the changes were made.

Cheers
Em x