N/A
frustratedzz
Founder

terminate contract

I have sold my house at short notice and want to terminate my contract at 6pm on 10 Jan 2012. I do not have contact details for the people buying my house but I understand they may want to continue your services and they need to be able to receive calls after 6pm on 10 Jan 2012

~ I have been kept on hold for 36 minutes and given a variety of excuses about your computer system being down as a reason why my request for termination and a final bill cannot be processed. Nobody will use a pencil and paper to take my details and process my request - which is unacceptable.

~ I refuse to be liable for any charges arising after 6pm on 10 Jan 2012 and I want somebody to acknowledge my request for contract termination promptly. I have sent an online message with my phone number and account number as well as using this forum. Please ensure that somebody actions this now.
Valued Contributor
M44RKD
Founder

Re: terminate contract

Originally Posted by frustratedzz
I have sold my house at short notice and want to terminate my contract at 6pm on 10 Jan 2012. I do not have contact details for the people buying my house but I understand they may want to continue your services and they need to be able to receive calls after 6pm on 10 Jan 2012

~ I have been kept on hold for 36 minutes and given a variety of excuses about your computer system being down as a reason why my request for termination and a final bill cannot be processed. Nobody will use a pencil and paper to take my details and process my request - which is unacceptable.

~ I refuse to be liable for any charges arising after 6pm on 10 Jan 2012 and I want somebody to acknowledge my request for contract termination promptly. I have sent an online message with my phone number and account number as well as using this forum. Please ensure that somebody actions this now.

unfortunately seein as the contract is in ur name u will always b liable for any calls/costs incurred until such time u disconnect it, also once u have ceased the line the new owners will have to have the line re-activated so therefore are not likely to b able to make calls after the time its disconnected until they have it reconnected with there chosen supplier
OCE_Emma
Topics: 3
Kudos: 480
Solutions: 281
Founder

Re: terminate contract

Hi frustratedzz,

Welcome to the forums.

Taking a "pencil and paper" to write your details down would be a severe breach of DPA therfore I am not suprised that an agent has refused to do this.

As the named account holder you are responsible for the account until its termination. You need to contact the retentions team on 0870 444 1820 to place cancelation orders for your account. Dependant on the type of services you have cancellations can take 10-14 days to complete.

Once you have cancelled your service this will cease all telephone and broaband services. The new owners will need to apply for a new line with their chosen provider.

Cheers
Em x