Occasional Contributor
helo

Outlook 2010 - Cant send emails anymore

Hi

Got a problem sending emails from outlook 2010.  They appear in the sent box but don’t actually go to the recipient.

Been using outlook 2010 for about a year with no problems til last week when they wouldn’t send – just stayed in Outbox

Phoned TalkTalk who gave me new email account settings which made the problem worse – couldn’t send or receive and error messages that the encryption settings where not recognised by the server.

Found some advice on the forum with different email account settings and can now receive emails but can’t send even though they appear in sent box.

Found some other advice on similar issue that was solved by changing email password on server to 8 digits (mine is 7) via ‘my account’ tab on talktalk email. Problem is that tab takes me to an AOL webpage and doesn’t allow me to change the password.

Anyone had a similar problem that did get resolved or know how to access the change password within talktalk mail?

OCE_Karl
Topics: 2
Kudos: 1,129
Solutions: 490

Re: Outlook 2010 - Cant send emails anymore

Hi,

are messages sent ok from webmail ?

have you removed and recreated the account in outlook?

Also, Please can you update your forum profile to include your telephone number and mobile number so that we can look into this further. To do this go into "my settings" then "personal information" then add your details.

Thanks

Karl.

Occasional Contributor
helo

Hi

I can send and receive emails on webmail

i have tried updating the email settings in Outlook 2010.

I have also removed the old account and created a new account in Outlook

Thanks

OCE_Karl

Hi

Does your email end @talktalk, @tiscali, etc.... also, can you update your forum profile with your Home telephone number (do not post), so I can locate your account details and and take a look.

Thanks

Karl.

Occasional Contributor
helo

Hi,

My email account end @talktalk.net.

I have updated contact details

Regards

OCE_Karl

Hi,

checked your mail account from here and all looks ok, everything is active and looks fine.

In Outlook 2010, can you go to the email settings, go into change account details, select the option for 'more settings'.

In the settings pane, ensure outgoing server requires authentication is checked. Do NOT tick 'require secure password'.

Select the Advanced Tab, - set the port to 587 and set - use following type of encrypted connection to :  SSL

Would not hurt to increase the server timeout to 2 minutes either.

Thanks,

Karl.

Occasional Contributor
helo

HI

If i set the settings to SSL then i am unable to send emails and receive an error message that the server does not support the encryption device

OCE_Karl

Hi,

did you only set the ssl for the outgoing server, and leave the incoming pop3 to none.

Thanks

Karl.

Occasional Contributor
helo

Hi

Yes left incoming POP to none and outgoing to SSL

regards

OCE_Karl

Hi,

I suspect I may need to raise a ticket for this one.  Done a test here on your mailbox, and got a 'connection refused' message.

Do you have any other mail addresses. Can you create a test mail account via my account and see if a new account will work with Outlook.

Thanks

Karl

Occasional Contributor
helo

Hi

I have another email account with another ISP but cant create an email accountin outlook 2010 as i dont have the server settings

Regards 

OCE_Karl

Hi,

sorry, I meant another TalkTalk address - you can create one via my account.

Thanks

Karl

Occasional Contributor
helo

Hi

I created a new talktalk email and set outlook up as per the instructions.

When i tried to send email it stayed in Outbox and i received the error message that the server does not support the encryption.

I changed SSL to NONE and resent.  Email was sent from outbox and appears in sent box but still does not arrive at recepient

regards

OCE_Karl

Hi,

Can you send the email to your own address and see if it is sent, and recieved back in the inbox.

Thanks

Karl.

Occasional Contributor
helo

HI,

Alraedy tried that.  the email is not received back in the inbox

Regards

Occasional Contributor
autocol

HI 

I have a very similar issue.

I have 3 talktalk mail accounts and when using outlook although they go into sent items the mails never get to their recipients. I have had a couple of successful hits if I send from one talktalk account to anthoer but its not working all the time

Issue is only when sending mail out. 

All appears to be fine if I use webmail or if I send from my smart phone

I have tried re-creating one of the accounts but I am still getting the same issue. Also if I try to use SSL as the outbound encryption then it fails to work so I have to use TLS (this is what the auto setup in outlook appears to use also).

I have a non pop3 account from another ISP and this is working fine.

I spoke with one for your online chaps and they suggested I drop a post to see if you can log a ticket or if you have a solution already! 

OCE_Karl

Hi,

are you using smtp.talktalk.net as the outgoing server ? Have you got this set to port 587 with authentication? 

If you are using a TalkTalk connection, have you also tried setting the outgoing mail server to use port 25 with no authentication?

Thanks

Karl

Occasional Contributor
autocol

Hi

Yep its set to smtp.talktalk.net but if I try to use SSL the the connections fails when trying to connect to the server giving an authentication type error. If the encryption is set to TLS(Or AUTO) then it appears to work however none of the recipients recieve a mail. This was working up until about a week ago (not sure exaclty when it stopped sending)

I tried disabling authentication on outgoing however this failed saying it required authentication.

OCE_Karl

Hi,

Please can you update your forum profile to include your home telephone number and mobile number so that we can look into this further. To do this go into "my settings" then "personal information" then add your details.

Thanks

Karl

Occasional Contributor
autocol

Details updatred :smileyhappy: