New Contributor
MattMagor

Talk talk e mail accountwon't send e-mail when using windows 8 and microsoft ? help ?

I am having problems setting up my talk talk e mail account on a newly purchased desk top with windows 8.It will receive email but not send?  .The   talk talk e mail will only work if I access the talk talk site directly via the browser. I have also wondered if setting up e mail could be done via an outlook account but the advice on talk talk web site says it only has the set up detail for windows 7 not windows 8. I am rapidly loosing the will to live -can any one help?

Occasional Contributor
KCA

Re: Talk talk e mail accountwon't send e-mail when using windows 8 and microsoft ? help ?

Hi.

I have finally got my outlook working sending/receiving but not with the settings from talktalk, to be honest they are not interested as they say windows 8 mail is third party software not there own:

Incoming Port  143

Outgoing Port  25

Outgoing Server SSL:    tick box

Authentication :    Do not tick

I can now send and Receive email's.

OCE_Karl
Topics: 2
Kudos: 987
Solutions: 465

Re: Talk talk e mail accountwon't send e-mail when using windows 8 and microsoft ? help ?

Hi MattMagor,

Has the advice from the community answered your query ?

Do you require any further help or assistance ? 

Thanks

Karl

New Contributor
MattMagor

Thanks for your advice,The e mail is now sitting in my out box but still hasnt sent -not sure what else to try ???

New Contributor
MattMagor

Hi still having difficulties re setting up talk talk e mail with windows 8 using the advice supplied on the talk talk web site. not sure what else to do ? whish I'd stuck to windows 7 machine which worked fine

OCE_Ady
Topics: 0
Kudos: 576
Solutions: 290
Founder

Hi,

here's the link to Windows 8 email support.

I hope it helps.

Occasional Contributor
KCA

Try unticking the SSL outgoing server as well as the Authentication my mail worked with ssl ticked so i kept it ticked

Community Star
Fred_Sheehan
Founder

SSL should be on for windows 8 you should be using the settings for IMAP not the older POP mail, windows 8 supports IMAP only