New Contributor
beau21

missing toolbar on emails

my toolbar has disappeared from my emails, I can read them but can neither delete nor compose emails. How do I resurrect it again

Community Star
anker
Founder

Re: missing toolbar on emails

Hi

you dont say what email you use ?

but I use windows mail and if I right click on the coloured bar at top of screen I get a drop down

with tools bar/ views bar/search bar/ and customise make sure the 1st three are all ticked.

Hope that helps ,Let me know how you get on.

beau21 wrote:

my toolbar has disappeared from my emails, I can read them but can neither delete nor compose emails. How do I resurrect it again

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today

I have Just screwed up once again

OCE_Karl
Topics: 2
Kudos: 1,067
Solutions: 462

Hi,

If you are having issues viewing certain web sites such as http://www.talktalk.co.uk/mail/ and you are using Internet Explorer version 10 or 11, the please try compatibility view. 

To add a web site to the compatibility list, click Tools from the main menu. Don't worry if the Tools option is hidden, simply press ALT & T at the same time to reveal the tools menu. Then select '''Compatibility  View Settings'.

Type the desired web site  into the box, and click 'Add'.  Once complete, click 'Close'.

You should now be able to access the web site as normal.

Thanks

Karl

New Contributor
beau21

thank you for your advice, unfortunately no luck, the drop down starts with Back, Forward, etc but no tools, views search bar etc, but what has happened in the meantime is that the tool bar has reappeared at the bottom of the page, not ideal, but better than nothing.

OCE_Karl
Topics: 2
Kudos: 1,067
Solutions: 462

Hi,

Be default, the file, edit , tools menu in IE 10 & 11 is hidden. It can be permanently turned on, but to access the Tools menu, simple hold down the ALT Key (left of the spacebar) and press the letter T.  This should show the tools menu.

Can you try this and see if it helps.

Thanks

Karl