Regular Contributor
jules17

You View & Internet Connection

my question is simply, does my You View Box have to be connected to the internet at all times, or only when you are using the on-demand/online services ie: Gift TV?

thanks
Jules x
bestmanx3

Re: You View & Internet Connection

Originally Posted by Torchwood
my question is simply, does my You View Box have to be connected to the internet at all times, or only when you are using the on-demand/online services ie: Gift TV?

thanks

help2.talktalk.co.uk/tv/youview-broadband-requirements#does
Does YouView work without broadband?

Your YouView Box will work if it isn't connected to a broadband router, however you will miss out on many of the amazing features such as catch-up TV on BBC iPlayer and 4oD. You won't be able to receive live premium pay TV channels such as Sky Sports and Sky Movies either.

Also it would need to be connected to receive firmware updates and for diagnostic purposes.

Regards
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.” - Albert Einstein
Community Terms of Service========“Please read"========Community Guidelines

MVC_sig_pomo_baz.png

Retired
Nathann

Hi,

Although you will be able to use the YouView Box without connecting it to the internet, please see the following Terms & Conditions:

6.11 In addition, if you receive a Set Top Box from us at no charge or a reduced charge you must connect and keep it connected to our network at all times during the Minimum Period of your applicable Tariff Plan. If you do not keep such Set Top Box connected to our network we may, after providing you with reasonable written notice and at our discretion, ask you to either return it to us or, as reasonable compensation for your failure to take and use our TV Service in accordance with the terms of your Contract, charge you the cost of the Set Top Box as set out on our Website less any amount you paid at the time you ordered the TV Service.

Thanks

Nathan

Regular Contributor
jules17

Ok thats what I needed to know as I couldn't find it myself, anyway it was just a general query but still connected :smileyhappy:
Jules x
Retired
Nathann

Hi Torchwood,

No problem, please let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks

Nathan