Occasional Contributor
sharon3
Accepted Solution

error code yvm102, powerline adaptor wont reset

[ Edited ]

help please, had you view for about a month now, everything was working fine till yesterday, youview can not detect internet error code yvm102, tried to reset powerline adaptors however on one of them even the pin reset wont reset it and theres only 1 light blinking green the ethernet one the other two are not lit, anyone had the same problem?

OCE_Emma
Topics: 3
Kudos: 571
Solutions: 312

Re: error code yvm102, powerline adaptor wont reset

Hi sharon3,

Which powerline adapters are you using? Have you followed the advice in our "How do I use my Powerline Adapters" help article?

Cheers

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

Occasional Contributor
sharon3

Hi

We are using the black powerline adapters, we have tried all in the troubleshooting guide, phoned and spoke to the customer services on wednesday night who just tried to go through everything we had already tried, then said we needed an enigneer , any ideas?

thanks

Occasional Contributor
sharon3

black powerline adapter model no; DHP-300AV,1 plug now has only the ethernet cable lit the other 2 lights are off(how can the power button be showing off when the ethernet cable is lit?), the other plug has 2 lights lit green but the powerline is off,

thanks

OCE_Mark
Topics: 10
Kudos: 1,018
Solutions: 521

Hi Sharon

It sounds as if the powerline adaptors may be faulty, for which an engineer visits would be the correct course of action, to diagnose and replace.

Cheers

:smileyhappy:

Occasional Contributor
sharon3

Re: error code yvm102, powering adaptor wont reset

Would they become faulty after just 5 or 6 weeks? Having paid £35 I would of thought they last longer than that, there also seems a lot of people experiencing similar problems with these adaptors, if an enigneer visit diagnosed the plugs as faulty do they carry replacements or would that mean another wait for them arriving in the post and another £35 charge? thanks

Trusted Contributor
jasonr2013

hi sharon

they will carry the power lines with them but be careful as i had a call back from the fault engineer after he came and replaced my power line adapters and was told there may be a charge

so i have to wait and see if it comes on my bill lol

Asrock 990FX Extreme 9
FX 9590 5GHZ
16GB Patriot Ram
Windows 8.1 Pro
Occasional Contributor
sharon3

Hi, thanks for the reply but theres no way I am prepared to pay an extra charge for somethng faulty that fails in a few weeks, I think this whole youview is a con as they sent it "free as a gift"for staying with them after our original contract ended. We had never had any problems with talktalk until they sent the box, this was the first time I had experienced the customer service department which turned out to be a total waste of time as the person I spoke with didn't understand the problem I was explaining, even going as far as suggesting I try to work the adaptors and Internet without the Ethernet cables.

OCE_Ady
Topics: 3
Kudos: 839
Solutions: 414

Hi sharon3,

if you're not happy to have the engineer visit, I can arrange a call for you from a Customer Service Manager to help get this sorted.The call would be 0900-1800 Monday to Friday, when would suit you best?

Occasional Contributor
sharon3

Hi, its not that I'm unhappy with an engineer visit its the possibility of having to pay again if the adaptors are faulty after just 5 or 6 weeks, they worked fine without any problems then 1 of them will not reset, plug A will flash for pairing but powerline symbol will not light, plug B flashes all lights green except the powerline symbol flashing red, try to reset it or pairing it does nothing then after a few minutes the lights are as shown, if you could arrange a call  with the customer service manager on Friday after 5.30 that would be great thanks

powerline led:  this symbol is not lit at all on plug A,                        

ethernet led:    this symbol is blinking green on plug B and solid green on plug A

mains led:        this symbol is not lit at all on plug B

OCE_Karl
Topics: 18
Kudos: 1,441
Solutions: 656

Hi sharon3,

Thanks for contacting us about an issue with your Talk Talk TV Service

If you are unable to connect the YouView box to the router via powerline adapters, or you think the powerline adapters have failed, then please be aware of the following information before trying to troubleshoot your issue.

Powerline adapters will only work correctly when connected to the same circuit.

If you have an adapter on the ground floor, and the second adapter on the 2nd or 3rd floor of a property, then the adaptor may be connected to a seperate electrical circuit or ring main. This may be the cause of the failure.

Powerline adapters must be plugged in directly to the electrical wall socket. If the adapter is connected to an extension lead or extension block, then this may cause the adapter to fail and result in poor signal quality between adapters.

If the above statements are not applicable, then please continue to test using the following advice.

Locate the reset hole on each adapter, and press this for 1 to 2 seconds with a pin.

Switch on the adapters and ensure the power light is 'on'. If not, try the adapter in a different socket.

If no power light is illuminated on the adapter, then it may have failed and will need to be replaced.

Next, hold in the 'pair' button on the first adapter for approximately 3 seconds. The power light will start blinking.

Press the pair button on the second adapter within 2 minutes, and hold for 3 seconds. The adapters will then 'pair'.

The middle powerline LED should be illuminated to show that the devices are connected.

You can then connect your devices via ethernet cable to the powerline adapters and retest.

If the powerline adapters fail to pair, please locate a double wall socket, plug in the powerline adapters side by side and re-try the pairing process.

If this fails, please let us know as soon as you can as we may be able to offer a replacement.

You can also view our help article, with links to powerline user guides here : http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/how-do-i-use-my-powerline-adapters

Thanks

Karl
Occasional Contributor
sharon3

Hi Karl

I have tried to reset them and pair them but nothing is changing with them one plug flashes to pair but the other one still wont pair, the one that does flash for pairing has no middle light showing but now the other plug sometimes is showing this light as red, this it turning into more than it is worth, we were looking to buy some boosts on the tv however im now not so sure, thanks for your help

Occasional Contributor
sharon3

Hi

Thanks to Karl received new powerline adaptors today plugged them in and working fine

OCE_Karl

Hi Sharon3,

Thanks for confirming :smileyhappy:

Thanks

Karl
Contributor
Billy9113

PLEASE HELP I HAVE THE SAME MESSAGE YVM192 AS OTHER, I HAVE CARRIED OUT ALL THE SAME TESTS THAT THEY HAVE BEEN ADDVISED TO CARRY OUT, AND I AM GETTING THE SAME SYMPTOMS I.E. POWER LINE ADDAPTERS FAILLING TO CONNECT IS THIS A COMMON FAULT AND IS IT A REOCURING FAULT WITH T/T ADDAPTORS ???

Billy9113
Respected Contributor
ferguson

Billy9113 wrote:

PLEASE HELP I HAVE THE SAME MESSAGE YVM192 AS OTHER, I HAVE CARRIED OUT ALL THE SAME TESTS THAT THEY HAVE BEEN ADDVISED TO CARRY OUT, AND I AM GETTING THE SAME SYMPTOMS I.E. POWER LINE ADDAPTERS FAILLING TO CONNECT IS THIS A COMMON FAULT AND IS IT A REOCURING FAULT WITH T/T ADDAPTORS ???

First, don't type all in capital letters IT IS HARD TO READ AND IS REGARDED AS SHOUTING!

Second, don't join onto somebody else's support thread, start your own and you will get help.

Contributor
Billy9113

Ferguson, will you please take time to read the note that l added in reply to your last coment to me.

Billy9113
OCE_Karl

Hi Billy9113

Please can you start your own thread for support. Posting or 'hijacking' another thread makes it difficult to follow a conversation, and also makes it more difficult for others searching for a solution.

We do try to keep each issue, no matter how similar to it's own thread.

If you can start your own thread, that would be gratefully appreciated.

Many Thanks

Karl.
Contributor
Billy9113

Thanks for your comment Karl l have noted your comment, l apologise for my ignorance, but please note that l am an occasional user and not up to speed on all this forum and posting lark.
Billy9113
Contributor
Billy9113

Karl, l had success opening my own thread, and l have had a reply thanking me for the help and information that l provided, not sure if you maybe want to have a look at it, the info l have provided Re replacement adapters may be helpful to others.
Billy9113