Contributor
hit649
Founder

Fibre optic connection keeps dropping

I am not very happy as I have rang up your technical department and have done what they have asked but still the same problem pls pls help, as I am a fibre optic customer my speed should not drop which it has for the last 2 weeks
Contributor
hit649
Founder

Re: Fibre optic connection keeps dropping

* To answer the questions about my exchange and equipment:
1. What exchange are you connected to?Edgware
2. How many telephone extension sockets do you have? 1
3a. Do you have an NTE5 master socket? I DON'T WANT TO TOUCH IT
3b. If yes to question 3a, have you tried the test socket?
3c. If yes to question 3b, how long for and did you notice an improvement in your connection?
3d. Do you have an iPlate or ADSL faceplate? NO
4. Is your modem/router connected to your Master Socket? YES
5. Are you experiencing any problems with your phone service? NO
6. What modem are you using? (Make & Model)? HUAWEI HG532 FIBRE ROUTER
7. Have you tested with an alternative modem? (Make & Model) YES, BELKIN N300
8. Have you tested with a different microfilter? NO IT'S FIBRE
9. Are you using a telephone extension lead? NO
10. What is your modem SNR Margin down and up? IT'S FIBRE
11. What is your bandwidth (Connection or sync speed) down and up? DOWN: 23340KB/S UP: 1820 KB/S
12. What is your attenuation down and up? IT'S FIBRE
13. Are you experiencing the disconnections at any specific time? NO IT'S INTERMITTENT
14. Are you currently using Wireless?yes
15. Do you have an Alarms and/or Sky boxes connected to the telephone line? no
OCE_Michelle
Topics: 2
Kudos: 743
Solutions: 330
Founder

Hi hit649,

I have completed a line test which has detected a possible fault so I have logged the intermittent connection over to the Network Team for investigation. Can you also confirm if you are experiencing the drops in connection when connecting in a wired state?

Retired
Nathann

Hi hit649,

We have received an update from our Network Team to confirm if you are rebooting the BT OpenReach modem at all as is showing excessing drops in connection.

The next step will be to arrange a BT OpenReach engineer to go to premises and investigate further, in order to do this I have sent you a Private Message to confirm some details. Could you also please confirm acceptance of possible time related charges and provide some availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm).

Thanks

Nathan

Retired
Nathann

Hi hit649,

Thanks for replying to the Private Message, could you also please confirm the below:

We have received an update from our Network Team to confirm if you are rebooting the BT OpenReach modem at all as is showing excessing drops in connection.

The next step will be to arrange a BT OpenReach engineer to go to premises and investigate further. Could you please confirm acceptance of possible time related charges and provide some availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm).

Thanks

Nathan

Contributor
hit649
Founder

the openreach modem is on for the last few days and have not turned it off.
Contributor
hit649
Founder

after leaving the openreach router one for a few days still having a problem with speed not getting the fibreoptic speed, that I used to get.
Retired
Nathann

Hi hit649

Thanks for the update, would appear the connection is remaining stable. Your recent speedtests are looking low. Could you confrm you have recently ran speedtests whilst connected direct to the BT OpenReach (with the HG532 removed) booted in safe mode with networking.

If you have done this and still experience poor speed then could you please confirm acceptance of possible time related charges (please see my signature for full details) and provide some availability so we can arrange an engineer.

Thanks

Nnathan

Contributor
hit649
Founder

hi again and again the speed is still slow but does go up a few hours then falls again so don't know what is happening, I have contacted supported and have tried to connect directly to the openreach router it works but speed very very slow :smileymad:
Contributor
hit649
Founder

is my problem ever going to be resolved you can send the openreach engineer from (8am to 1pm)
Contributor
hit649
Founder

Hi I am trying talk talk speed test in different browser, I am getting different results, Im trying Mozilla firefox, google chrome, and I.E.
but getting the best results in I.E. and chrome and the worst in Mozilla firefox so could anyone help me why this is happening.
OCE_Chris
Topics: 1
Kudos: 532
Solutions: 256
Founder

Hi hit649,

is my problem ever going to be resolved you can send the openreach engineer from (8am to 1pm)

We can only arrange an engineers visit if you accept potential time related charges

I am getting different results, Im trying Mozilla firefox, google chrome, and I.E.
but getting the best results in I.E. and chrome and the worst in Mozilla firefox so could anyone help me why this is happening.

What speeds are you getting in I.E.? Are the speedtest results OK in I.E.?

Chris

Contributor
hit649
Founder

just tried the speed test in I.E. it ranges from 5 to 11.5 mbps
still not fibre optic speed, its varing too much some times up and goes down very quick so don't understand
Contributor
hit649
Founder

Hi hit649,

We can only arrange an engineers visit if you accept potential time related charges

I accept the time related changes
Retired
Nathann

Hi hit649

Thanks for confirming acceptance of possible time related charges, I have passed your availability to our Network Team and will let oyu know as soon as we receive confirmation on the booking.

Thanks

Nathan

Contributor
hit649
Founder

pls tell me why am I getting good speed check results in chrome and I.E. but very slow results in mozilla firefox.
Contributor
hit649
Founder

I am experiencing very very slow speeds which are of a dial up connection could anyone pls help as I am getting frustrated now pls help its been over a month not getting fibre optic speeds which I am being charged for.
OCE_Chris
Topics: 1
Kudos: 532
Solutions: 256
Founder

Hi hit649,

We are just waiting for confirmation of the engineers appointment, we will let you know when the engineers appointment is booked

Thanks
Chris

Contributor
hit649
Founder

thanks I would like to say from this morning I am getting very good speed readings in google chrome which im using now only.
OCE_Mark
Topics: 10
Kudos: 646
Solutions: 375
Founder

hi hit,

do you still get speed issues in other browsers as this may indicate a local (browser related) issue.

Cheers

M:smileyhappy: