New Contributor
Smootha77
Accepted Solution

Streaming videos from Show Box App Android

Is anyone having trouble streaming videos from the Show Box android app, and what is the work around?
Fred_Sheehan
Founder

Re: Streaming videos from Show Box App Android

what is your synch like?

video usually needas around 6 - 8 meg minimum to stream well, less and they can stutter at times

New Contributor
Smootha77

Hi
Thanks for the response, I tried it on talktalk fibre connection as well and get the same error message.
Fred_Sheehan
Founder

New Contributor
Will93

Showbox is perfectly legal, regardless of the nature of the app... There is nothing that makes it technically illegal. TalkTalk blocking access to the app is yet another thing they seem to have got wrong. Please could you offer some support for customers to access the app using the broadband service we pay for. I'm paying for fibre optic broadband but can't use the main app I wish to use!
New Contributor
bonbontaylor

Any update on this? Still blocked on my superfibre

Fred_Sheehan
Founder

talk talk dont block access to any ports or protocols, and certainly cant block specific apps.

common P2P ports can be throttled at peak times, so use non standard ports if you think that may be issue.

I know there is nothing technically illegal in an app per se, but if its entire premise is to stream copyright content without licence etc then by nature it isnt exactly playing fair and you cannot complain if it doesnt work.

Try changing your DNS server IP's in router or device as you find easiest.

New Contributor
Will93

I do not understand all of this technology talk, please put in simplest possible terms. I have tried the method which requires you to use a VPN. This worked for all of five minutes, then stopped working. Can anyone tell me the simplest workaround to access blocked web apps
Contributor
Balkrish

[ Edited ]

Yes, but Why does it work on BT, Sky, Virgin, PlusNet?

Why is it NOT working on Talktalk? Please provide an explanation or instructions to make it work

Thank You very much

EDIT: The website is vk.com

and E.G 

http://vk.com/video171388009_168074824

Yet... that site and video wrok fine on SKY, VIRGIN, BT and PLUS NET??

Why is this site blocked:

"VK is the fastest growing internet site in Europe. It accounts for over half of Russian-speaking traffic in the world. If you want to develop social games and apps, you are welcome to join in our success and get access to more than 100 million users."""

??? Why

New Contributor
bonbontaylor

How do you use a VPN ?
New Contributor
Will93

Google how to use VPN. I recommend justfreevpn as the site you use, but the method isn't the most convenient way of using the internet for certain things. And also, justfrervpn's password changes every 6 hours or something, so you need to check their website and keep changing it in your devices settings.
Contributor
Balkrish

A VPN will not work if you assume to use this on a Chromecast

You should not go thought the hassle and extra cost of a VPN. Talktalk should resolve this !!! As other ISP this is working fine. Talktalk should remove the block /DNA chnage or whatever they did.
Visitor
Rav84

Firstly, I am no technical genious so all this VPN, ports and DSN stuff is way over my head.

Secondly, this app is working fine with other broadband providers with no extra hoops to jump through. So clearly talk talk are blocking it in some way. I have been able to use it fine at other peoples houses and even at work when connected to sky, bt or virgin.

But what frustrates me the most is that I can't seem to use it at home where I pay for so called "totally unlimited broadband" according to the sales pitch! All I want to be able to do is use the app at home but everytime I try and load a movie/show all I get is a message saying "cannot play video" when connected to my talk talk broadband.

Please explain why we can't access this app's content if you stand firm by your response that Talk Talk is not blocking its content?

Fred_Sheehan wrote:

talk talk dont block access to any ports or protocols, and certainly cant block specific apps.

common P2P ports c

Contributor
Balkrish

Hi Rav

Click on my username and see how many times I posted and other users have posted with this issue

Unfortunately. Talk talk HAVE Blocked it. No idea why since it WORKS on sky virgin BT. Etc.

And no mods or OCE. Seem to reply. :smileysad: I will be leaving talk talk like many others once my contract is up.

I understand if it was blocked on ALL ISP. But this time WHY is it only talk talk???

Thank you!
OCE_Emma
Topics: 2
Kudos: 432
Solutions: 270
Founder

Hi guys,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with Show Box; this particular application uses a Russian Web site which has been listed by the IWF (Internet Watch Foundation) due to holding inappropriate content.  TalkTalk are a member of the IWF and take this issue very seriously and in line with all sites on this list, it has been added to our filtering system.  As a consequence, access to this site is currently impacted but over the coming months, we are migrating to a more sophisticated blocking/filtering system that will allow us to block the inappropriate content whilst still allowing access to the site.

If anyone needs further support on this issue please start your own thread where the community can help you specifically.

Cheers

stevo69

i got the same problem help plz

OCE_Emma
Topics: 2
Kudos: 432
Solutions: 270
Founder

Hi stevo69,

Please take a look at my last post in this thread.

Cheers