Occasional Contributor
mrsmaren

complaints

Dear Ms Harding,

I know you probably won’t receive this but I am struggling to find any other email address to complain to, so here goes anyway…….

Dear Talk Talk,

I am writing to complain about our appalling service we have received whilst trying to move home. I have been with Talk Talk on and off since 2004, almost 10 years and the service suits me ! However I have never had such problems as these. We have called and called and spoken to almost every person in the Indian Call centre, we have been hung up on, transferred to manager after manager and not one person seems to understand the problem.

You guys were very quick to sign me up to another 18+ months but we still have no service since our live date of 11 March 14.

The problem is not the live line, which no one understood as they continue to run tests on it and tell us it’s fine! YES WE KNOW! The problem is we have no working telephone jacks and apparently this is our fault and will cost us a £50 to fix what is clearly not our fault….. after all, and bear with me…… we have only just moved in !!!!!!!!! We have after almost 3 years finally got a larger council house and it has been problem after problem and foremost is the ability to communicate from our own home.

When I called, it took me a call operator and one manager to finally comprehend the issue (though Talk Talk is now sending both my husband and I (too exhausting for one person to deal with) around new members of Talk Talk call centre, to further complicate the issue) 

I was informed that as it was a Home Move that a master jack and other jack in the home would be replaced free, after all we can’t use the service we have signed up for. I thought fantastic, Talk Talk does look after its customers. When my husband rang to set up a time for an engineer to come he was informed he would be charged the £50 and nothing he has tried to say since will change that. When he told The agent that we have only just moved (which you do know right, it being a HOME MOVE and all !) he was told it wasn’t Talk Talk’s fault that the jacks were damaged by previous tenants !!!!!! Well it’s not our fault either…. it comes down to ‘do you want us to use your service or not’? Don’t you think??

But no Talk Talk doesn’t want to give us working jacks, as it doesn’t seem to want our custom. Poor service from a company that wants to remain in business

Our Freeview box has been delivered to some neighbour, but no delivery note was put through our door so we don’t know who has the box, just someone called Santha in our block of flats ! Now we are having to door knock and no one yet seems to have it.

My husband is saying it’s my fault and if we had’ve been with BT this would have been fixed by now. I'm seriously beginning to think he may be right.

I am currently in Nz visiting my elderly mother and desperately trying to sort this out from here. I just cannot afford to continue to make international phone calls and be transferred around all of the Indian Call Centre and some were very rude !

Please Talk Talk, do you want me as a customer? If not, OK just cancel my contract so I can use another provider.

Valued Contributor
Nigel

Re: complaints

Hi mrsmaren,

I think it is unlikely that your complaint will be forwarded to Dido Harding. :smileyindifferent:

Do you have an NTE5 master socket with a removable lower faceplate? If so, then remove the lower faceplate to disconnect any extensions that are wired to the faceplate. You can check the line from your end by using the test socket that is exposed by removing the faceplate.

See http://www.talktalk.co.uk/mobile/m/speed-checker/testingmastersocket.html .

If you have a working line, but the faceplate is faulty, then you can buy a replacement.

New Contributor
broadbandnomore

I had similar problem although I did'nt move house only tried to get better contract, I moved to BT 2 weeks ago, everything delivered on time and everything working on time. You even get to deal with callcentres in this country who understand you and you understand them.

Occasional Contributor
mrsmaren

Hi Nigel,

We don't have a master point, it seems. There is a previous cablebox connector which is not working of course and 2 jacks which have had the wires ripped out of them by a previous tenant. Council won't have anything to do with it and deny it was their workmen who pulled them out.

Talk talk says it's not their problem either, which it isn't, but surely if you want to retain your customers you would make this a free service esp on a house move. Then you have happy customers who happily give you money for the priveledge of using the service. It's good business sense really.

Being told it's free of charge for a house move and then reneging, makes me angry.

We will probablly bite the bullet and pay to connect and then if problems persist, change providers.

I use Talk talk primarily for the International call boost it gives us.

Maren

Occasional Contributor
mrsmaren

Yes Broadbandnomore, this is looking more likely by the day!

Maren.

Valued Contributor
Nigel

Hi mrsmaren,

Is the £50 charge just for repair/installation up to the master socket, or does it also cover work to repair the extension(s) too?  I suspect TalkTalk would say that it is only the installation up to the master socket that is included free of charge, and therefore you would have to pay for the work on any extensions.

If you are not happy, you could pursue this further, initially with the home move team (if you haven't already done so), then with the complaints team. You can ask the forum staff to raise a complaint with the CEO office on your behalf.

Occasional Contributor
Mussels

Nigel wrote:

Hi mrsmaren,

Is the £50 charge just for repair/installation up to the master socket, or does it also cover work to repair the extension(s) too?  I suspect TalkTalk would say that it is only the installation up to the master socket that is included free of charge, and therefore you would have to pay for the work on any extensions.

If you are not happy, you could pursue this further, initially with the home move team (if you haven't already done so), then with the complaints team. You can ask the forum staff to raise a complaint with the CEO office on your behalf.

Installation for TalkTalk doesn't include the master socket as I found out. I moved in and have been charged to correct a fault inside the master socket.

Occasional Contributor
mrsmaren

[ Edited ]

Hi Nigel,

Pretty sure it was both sockets. I could accept it as just being the Master socket, so we could have comminication of any kind. It's not Talktalks fault that there are complete rotters of tenants out there that would destroy telephone wiring, lets be fair. But then I can't use it either !

In the meantime, I have recieved a reply from Ms Harding which is wonderful and dare I say, hopeful.

Dear Maren, 

I am very sorry that you have had to contact me directly .   I have asked

one of my team to investigate this immediately, and we will be in touch

asap.

In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies.

Best wishes

Dido

Maren

Occasional Contributor
mrsmaren

I emailed the CEO directly after forum members messaged me her contact email.

Occasional Contributor
mrsmaren

Ok Mussels, thats no good :womanfrustrated:

Occasional Contributor
Mussels

mrsmaren wrote:

I emailed the CEO directly after forum members messaged me her contact email.

I tried using the correct TalkTalk complaints procedure but the complaint just got closed and ignored so I've emailed mine to that address as well. What started out as a minor complaint has exposed several layers of shoddy and possibly illegal practice and will end up with the regulator.

Occasional Contributor
mrsmaren

Goodness Mussels, 

Thats terrible!

I have had a great result from emailing Ms Harding and as of yesterday, we have had an engineer come and repair our jack free of charge. She has emailed me personally and passed on our email to her colleagues.  We.can now make a phone call and my husband and I can bicker in real time regarding the rest of our house move.

She was brilliant and esp her CEO assistant Mikey Moran 

ceoexec@talktalkplc.com .

I sent an email thanking her and trying to highlight the communication issue we are all suffering from....

Maren

Ps. I am not in the Uk at the mo, only my poor husband, so he has been going the direct internal call route. Maybe our combined effort?

Occasional Contributor
mrsmaren

Please,

Let me know how you get on!

Maren

Occasional Contributor
Mussels

I got a call from someone British who sounded like they weren't completely stuck to a script. They agreed to refund the fee and investigate my main complaints of not being able to complain in writing and that BT should be questioned over their report and motives behind the unnecessary master socket replacement.

I have an email from the chap who called me so I can chase it up in a few weeks and see if there is a satisfactory result.

Contributor
olwen669

Maybe useful to you ... wish you luck
**bleep**@talktalkplc.com
Samuel Macsween
Manager, Chief Executive Office
TalkTalk Group
talktalk_ceo@custhelp.com
talktalk_ceo@mailuk.custhelp.com
Contributor
olwen669