Contributor
ascarr

DSL 3780 Router and Port Forwarding

I've just got YouView and the associated DSL-3780 Router having previously used my own Netgear.  All is working except my IP camera's for remote viewing.  I have setup what I think is port forwarding under virtual servers but I'm being refused access when trying to view the cams remotey using a no-ip.com hostname.

One thing I have noticed is that even though the cameras are connected via wifi (I can view them using the local IP address) they are not showing in the LAN table of the router.

Any advice appreciated.

OCE_Michelle
Topics: 4
Kudos: 929
Solutions: 381

Re: DSL 3780 Router and Port Forwarding

Hi ascarr,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've raised this issue to our Products Team and I'll let you know as soon as I've received an update back.

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution

OCE_Michelle
Topics: 4
Kudos: 929
Solutions: 381

[ Edited ]

Hi ascarr,

Just to confirm, what port are you trying to forward? Could you confirm if you are trying to access this outside of your network using your external IP address?

Contributor
ascarr

Ports 9191 and 8181 and yes have attwmpted to access from and external IP. Works some times but not consistently.
Retired
Nathann

Hi ascarr,

What happens when you try and access the cameras and does not work, do you get an error message? Are you using your external Ip address to access the camera or the no-ip.com hostname?

I have tested this on our test bed and am unable to replicate the problem. These are the steps I have tested to forward the ports to a webserver. First I ensured the router had default settings and no other port forwarding rules were setup in order to prevent any conflict.

Log on to the router, go to advanced, then adanced again,

Click on Virtual servers

Tick to enable virtual server rules

Name: Enter what ever name you wish

Interface: PVC1

Internal IP: 192.168.1.2 (this is the IP address of the device you are forwarding to)

Internal startport: 80 

Internal endport: 80 

External startport:80 

External endport: 80

Protocol type: All

Time: Disable

Click add/apply

Once the settings have been applied you can then test by accessing your external IP address outside of your network such as through a 3G connection.

Thanks

Contributor
ascarr

I setup in the same way using different ports obviously and use no-ip.org hostname to resolve the IP (both cameras and router support no-ip). I did notice initially that if I put the single port in the settings nothing worked but if I added a range spanning 1 port eitherside of the one I wanted to forward it worked ok.  Everything seemed to work fine but whilst away it looks like either my IP refreshed or the router rebooted, my cameras email me when the routers public IP changes, and since then remote access doesn't work form and external IP e.g. my smartphone running on 3G. I don't currently have access to the router to check the setup but am receiving alerts from the cameras so they have obviously reconnected to my local WAN and are able to send out email notifications.

I'll give the setup another go once I have access and let you know how I get on.

OCE_Ady
Topics: 0
Kudos: 700
Solutions: 339

Hi ,

if it doesn't work let me know and I'll get you an HG533 sent out.

Occasional Contributor
whosfletchy

This router is probably the most difficult one I have tried to work with and completely understand why so many people have resorted to replacing it. I finally solved this after a number of days of effort trying to open up an svn server.

Follow these instructions originally posted by OCE_Nathan, the mistake I was making was the interface line. I was leaving it as WAN, but changing it to PVC1 fixed it immediately. You can replace the IP/port number with whatever ones you need.

"Log on to the router, go to advanced, then adanced again,

Click on Virtual servers

Internal IP: 192.168.1.2 (this is the IP address of the device you are forwarding to)

Click add/apply"

I also have opened the ports in the firewall, this is labelled as applications (right underneath virtual server), and I have fixed the internal IP under LAN setup, but I'm not sure these steps are necessary. 

That's it working fine now.

Occasional Contributor
whosfletchy

This router is probably the most difficult one I have tried to work with and completely understand why so many people have resorted to replacing it. I finally solved this after a number of days of effort trying to open up an svn server.

Follow these instructions originally posted by OCE_Nathan, the mistake I was making was the interface line. I was leaving it as WAN, but changing it to PVC1 fixed it immediately. You can replace the IP/port number with whatever ones you need.

"Log on to the router, go to advanced, then adanced again,

Click on Virtual servers

Click add/apply"

I also have opened the ports in the firewall, this is labelled as applications (right underneath virtual server), and I have fixed the internal IP under LAN setup, but I'm not sure these steps are necessary. 

That's it working fine now.

Contributor
Gravydownshirt

[ Edited ]

What  am I doing or not doing then.

I can view my Foscam locally but not via 3g or another remote computer.

I am registered at No-ip but cant connect when entering my outside address manually too.

I am enclosing some screenshots of my settings.

I ran a port scanner and it said port 80 was open to http and www

but it still rejects attempts to connect remotely.

Occasional Contributor
whosfletchy

I take back my previous post. WAN is what you want, but I missed an important step that I found on d-links own website that involves saving settings and reboot.

http://www.dlink.com/uk/en/support/faq/modems/dsl-modems/dsl-series/how-do-i-setup-port-forwarding-o...

Set up an internal static IP for your device.

Log on to the router, go to advanced, then adanced again,

Click on Virtual servers

Interface: WAN

Service #: 1

Click add/apply

Now the settings won't save until you go to system->save settings and reboot.

Contributor
Gravydownshirt

This is sounding promising..thanks. I will get my talktalk router back out of the skip and try it again..

Contributor
macgd016

Sorry to hijack this thread but I am having exactly the same problem except that I have a DSL 3780  Firmware Version: v1.06t Hardware Version: A1. This version does not have the Virtual Server box, instead it has Port Fowarding which I have tried settig up but this does not work.

The IP address that I need to get to externally is 192.168.1.168 Port 8087, I have tried everything I can think of but without success

HELP!!!

OCE_Chris
Topics: 1
Kudos: 630
Solutions: 268

Hi macgd016,

Could you start your own thread, I'm sure one of the other Community Members will be able to offer some asssistance :smileyhappy:

Chris

Contributor
Gravydownshirt

Oh, I was just about to reply as well......never mind