Occasional Contributor
Hans Landa
Accepted Solution

Dlink DSL-3680 does not like Apple please help!

[ Edited ]

Hi all

As from the title i'm having dramas with my Dlink DSL-3680 and my Apple products via wireless.

My iPhone,iPad and Macbook pro drop from the wireless connection and can take considerable amount of time to reconect to the internet. They stay connected to router but will not get internet access.

My Xbox is connected via ethernet and has no dramas, my windows PC is connected via wireless and never has a drama plus the Mrs' Android phone is connected via wireless without drama.

So it seems to have a serious problem with Apple products, I switched to TalkTalk last week from BT, when with BT I never had a drama nor did I hardly ever have to go into router settings, so if this is not sorted i'm tempted to bend the knee and go back to BT and let them fleece me somemore.

The Router is currently running on 1.03T Firmware but i'm led to believe I need 1.06T firmware, my router has still not autoupdated even  tho TR-069 is enabled in the advanced settings.

Is there anyway I can download this firmware file so I can add manually? Or maybe even get TalkTalk to do this remotely?

Occasional Contributor
john bunyan

Re: Dlink DSL-3680 does not like Apple please help!

Not sure if my answer applies to your router, but I recently had a similar problem with an iPad 4 and a new DGND4000 Netgear router. I solved it by, in router advanced settings, , disabling WMM. This is a mystrey to me as a non - geek but has to do with the wireless n or e settings or hardware ov different devices. Apple in particular seems to dislike it when WMM is enabled. If you need more details I will try to find the place in my routers settings that I changed, but look for WMM and your Router in Google.

After the reset the iPad was at the same speed as a co located woreless laptop - before i pad was 1mbps vs 7 for the laptop with 7.5 mbps on the ethernet dektop. 

john bunyan
Occasional Contributor
john bunyan

Here is a link. \the WMM setting can be seen - try disenabling it and save changes. Do post back if it works!

http://support.dlink.com/emulators/dir825/Advanced_Wireless.html

john bunyan
Valued Contributor
Crusher2011

Hans Landa, Please see your other post relating to the firmware upgrade.

Occasional Contributor
Hans Landa

john bunyan wrote:

Here is a link. \the WMM setting can be seen - try disenabling it and save changes. Do post back if it works!

http://support.dlink.com/emulators/dir825/Advanced_Wireless.html

John

Thank you for your time and I tried it but my roter does not have the option as the link you posted is for the DIR-825 which has the option unlike the DSL-3680. Very frustrating 

Occasional Contributor
Hans Landa

Crusher

I have perused the other entries within forums and messaged a couple of the OCE' directly and I hope they can sort this.

Occasional Contributor
Hans Landa

Any OCE reading this

I would like a firmware update to take me from v1.03T - v1.06T as after looking over the forums the majority of the people who have recieved this update no longer have problems with the DSL-3680 router and Apple products.

Thank you in advance

Valued Contributor
Crusher2011

Hans Landa, It will now be a case of waiting patiently for an OCE to pick this item up.

Occasional Contributor
Hans Landa

Well I have just returned home from work to find my router updated to 1.06T and now the problems are gone and my wireless is spot on, i'm a very happy man.

Valued Contributor
Crusher2011

Thanks for sticking with it.

OCE_Debbie
Topics: 1
Kudos: 944
Solutions: 431

Hi Hans Landa

Apologies for the delay.

Thanks for keeping us updated :smileyhappy:

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution