Occasional Contributor
bridgebee

HG 533 firmware update

Hello all,
I have just updated my HG533 to v1.14t. Couldn't find any release notes but that would have just ruined the fun.

The upshot is that, when it rebooted, it connected at a faster speed than it has done for a while (although this could all be incidental) & all wired & wireless units in the house function normally (not that they shouldn't).

Anyway, thought I'd let you know incase you wanted to give it a try.

Regards,
SimonB
Valued Contributor
T_PC_R

Re: HG 533 firmware update

Originally Posted by bridgebee
Hello all,
I have just updated my HG533 to v1.14t. Couldn't find any release notes but that would have just ruined the fun.

The upshot is that, when it rebooted, it connected at a faster speed than it has done for a while (although this could all be incidental) & all wired & wireless units in the house function normally (not that they shouldn't).

Anyway, thought I'd let you know incase you wanted to give it a try.

Regards,
SimonB

Was that with the upgrade tool or via a trial
Honesty is the best policy why be forced to change,

How can we help those that are unwilling to help themselves
★Desk Jockey★Extended Profile★Basic Profile★Got Potential★Account Verified★Active

Participant ★Feedback Loop
Occasional Contributor
bridgebee

[ Edited ]

Sorry, should have said. This was via the upgrade option within the advanced section of the HG533.

I updated mine via wireless with no problems.

It won't look like it's doing alot, but after about 2mins it will reboot & start up in the usual manner (there is a message to this effect displayed on the screen when you click on the upgrade button).

Valued Contributor
T_PC_R

[ Edited ]
Originally Posted by bridgebee
Sorry, should have said. This was via the upgrade option within the advanced section of the HG533.

I updated mine via wireless with no problems.

It won't look like it's doing alot, but after about 2mins it will reboot & start up in the usual manner (there is a message to this effect displayed on the screen when you click on the upgrade button).

Cheers bridgebee :smileyhappy:

★Desk Jockey★Extended Profile★Basic Profile★Got Potential★Account Verified★Active

bestmanx3

I'm sure everyone will get an update from OCE Nathan on his sticky :smileywink: www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93993
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.” - Albert Einstein
Community Terms of Service========“Please read"========Community Guidelines

MVC_sig_pomo_baz.png

Valued Contributor
T_PC_R

Originally Posted by bestmanx3
I'm sure everyone will get an update from OCE Nathan on his sticky :smileywink: www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93993

Considering Nathan wont be in work until the morning, we all have a heads up and can beat him to it :smileytongue: lollollol

Community Star
Fred_Sheehan

Well didn't get a router update email from labs, so presumably missed that one, so have done it manually instead.

I saved routers config file first and glad I did (on fibre) as it would not connect to internet until config file had been uploaded again after the firmware update.

At first glance it looked to have saved all settings after the flash, but clearly something was going on lol
Valued Contributor
T_PC_R

Originally Posted by fred sheehan
At first glance it looked to have saved all settings after the flash, but clearly something was going on lol

No doubt you JC or Barney would discover what is going on :smileytongue: lollol

New Contributor
Grimshaw5

It yanks updated new software for router but printer still doesn't work :smileysad::smileysad: