New Contributor
elewis1

Problems sending emails from my talktalk account

I have tried several times to send messages from my home computer to my work computer but the message has been blocked. A message comes up to tell me of the failure and when talking to our support team at work I'm told it is a problem with talktalk. How long is this going to go on?
Super Contributor
eebdsirhc

Re: Problems sending emails from my talktalk account

It would help if you could post the messages you are receiving. Give someone the opportunity to maybe identify the problem.
New Contributor
dwh

:smileymad:If tyou have the same problem as many others, the IPs which are being blocked are in the series 62.24.128.xxx which are under the control of Talktalk and its affiliates. There is a pass-the-buck sequence going on between TT and Trend. but no obvious action.
The problem is very serious, affecting the NHS, but not shown/admitted on the main TT website.
New Contributor
dwh

Further to my previous, the offending 62.24.128.242 IP is owned by opaltelecom.net which is where our emails :smileymad:are forwarded from with the offending new IP.

eg.Received: from out1.ip06ir2.opaltelecom.net ()

Opal telecom is of course associated with Talktalk and it is clearly a TT problem.
Super Contributor
eebdsirhc

dwh - every time you post you move the thread to the bottom of the OCE workflow queue, which is answered oldest post first.
If you wish to add extra information it is best done by editing your earlier post, that way the queue sequencing is not effected.
EDIT - and giving the OP a chance to define his problem, rather than speculation, may save some time.
New Contributor
elewis1

This is the message I am receiving when my messages fail to get through to the intended recipient.
The following message to was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 554-"Prohibited: Sending host is blacklisted:\n'rbl-plus.mail-abuse.ja.net' (Mail from 62.24.128.239 blocked using Trend\nMicro Email Reputation database. Please see\n<>)"
Please can we get this sorted as soon as possible otherwise Talktalk will be losing yet another customer.
Super Contributor
eebdsirhc

Best edit out that personal email address - this is a public forum.
The problem with Trend is already under investigation - but updates are a bit overdue.
There are other thread on these forums that will show you how to circumvent this problem (and ultimately make you ISP independant for your emails).
Valued Contributor
Crusher2011

Originally Posted by elewis1
This is the message I am receiving when my messages fail to get through to the intended recipient.
The following message to was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 554-"Prohibited: Sending host is blacklisted:\n'rbl-plus.mail-abuse.ja.net' (Mail from 62.24.128.239 blocked using Trend\nMicro Email Reputation database. Please see\n<>)"
Please can we get this sorted as soon as possible otherwise Talktalk will be losing yet another customer.

Follow this link for a work around until TalkTalk takes action. See post #21 in the link
www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85821&page=3&highlight=Trend+Micro
You also need to edit your last post to remove your personal email address.
Super Contributor
eebdsirhc

Crusher2011 -
By quoting the OP's post in full you have also posted the full private email address. :smileysurprised:
Could you edit your post to remove the reference to help the OP, as you have requested the OP to do.
EDIT - OK, the OCE's took care of it.
OCE_Chris
Topics: 1
Kudos: 636
Solutions: 273

Hi elewis1,

Our network team is working with trend micro to resolve this issue, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution