Frequent Contributor
first500
Accepted Solution

Router Update

I've just received a Talktalk Youview Pus box, and I have been told that I should update my Hauwei HG532 router firmware.

However, my Youview box is running fine, and I have good broadband speeds.  The current firmware version is v3.03t.

Why does the Youview box need changes made to the router?

What changes will the update make?

Will the changes affect at all my broadband connection speed?

Frequent Contributor
first500

Re: Router Update

Edit to above - Since having my Youview box connected for a couple of days, my line speed has deteriorated dramatically - it was around 10.5 to 11.5.  It is now under 7.

Please advise what settings to change on the router to restore my previous acceptable line speed.

OCE_Arne
Topics: 0
Kudos: 773
Solutions: 533

Hi first500

The sync speed we can see is 13454 kb/s,   The addition of the You View box increases the traffic on the line this also increases the potential for error seconds,  Usually our Line management software will monitor this and adjust accordingly however it is not active on your line therefore the effect may be a temporary speed drop that you have seen. 

How are you running the speed tests, wired or wireless?  you could try our service centre here to see if any line issues are flagged up.. 

Thanks 

Frequent Contributor
first500

Thanks.  In connection with another problem, one of your colleagues has changed some settings at your end, and all now seems fine.  You can close this chain now.

OCE_Arne
Topics: 0
Kudos: 773
Solutions: 533

thanks for the update, ill close this