At TalkTalk, we take every complaint very seriously and can assure you we’ll try to rectify anything you’re unhappy with as quickly and effectively as we can. Your complaints give us a chance to put things right and help us improve our service to other customers in the future.
How do I make a complaint?
Our customer service advisors are trained to resolve customer complaints as soon as they become aware of them and should be the first people you contact. If there’s anything you’re unhappy with, you can contact our team in the following ways and we will attempt to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible:
For complaints about your landline and broadband service call 0870 444 1820 (free from any TalkTalk landline) and for those regarding TalkTalk Mobile, call 0870 087 8751 (free from any TalkTalk mobile). Call charges from other providers will vary and calls from mobiles will cost substantially more. Lines are open during the following hours:
Monday to Friday 8am–8pm
Sunday and bank holidays 10am–5pm
Phone is the best way of making a complaint as we can log it immediately and it is the quickest way to get through to us.
Email complaints should be sent through our website form at www.talktalk.co.uk/contactus We aim to reply to every complaint we receive via the email form within 5 working days.
Please write to:
Customer relations department
P.O. Box 360, Southampton, SO30 2LY
We aim to reply to every complaint we receive by post to this address within 7 working days from
receipt of the complaint.
What information do I need to include?
Please include the following information to help us investigate your complaint fully:
• The date the problem occurred
• The names of any representatives or team managers you may have dealt with
• The nature and reason for your complaint
• Your full name and full address including postcode
• Your account number, telephone number and email address
How can I take the matter further?
1. If you don’t feel your complaint has been resolved after speaking to one of our customer service advisors, please ask to speak to a team manager who will fully investigate your complaint and do everything they can to reply to you within 2 working days. We hope that we will have been able to sort out any problems by this stage.
2. If you are still not satisfied after speaking to a team manager, you may ask the team manager to raise a formal complaint with our CEO’s office. You can also send it directly by post to the address below but you need to give a team manager the opportunity to resolve your complaint first before contacting the CEO’s office:
Head of Complaints- CEO’s Office
P.O. Box 344, Unit 19, Southampton, SO30 2NP
The CEO’s office aim to reply to every complaint we receive by post to this address within 7 working days from receipt of the complaint and you will be assigned a dedicated person who will own your complaint and keep you fully updated.
3. If you are still not satisfied after speaking with the CEO’s office, you can ask the telecommunications ombudsman Otelo to independently review your complaint. Otelo will not look at cases that are less than 8 weeks old unless you have received a deadlock letter from the CEO’s office which means that there is nothing further we can do to resolve your complaint. To find out more about Otelo:
Phone: 0845 050 1614
Textphone: 0845 051 1513
4. You can also get free advice on your consumer rights from the citizen’s advice bureau (CAB),
consumer advice centre, local authority trading standards or consumer protection
department. You’ll find their numbers in the local telephone directory.
Service for customers who are vulnerable or who may need specific help
We’re fully committed to helping all of our customers contact us easily.
1. If your circumstances mean you are unable to raise a complaint to us yourself you can
nominate someone to contact us on your behalf. When they contact us, we will get in touch
with you to verify that you are happy with this.
2. For customers who are deaf or speech-impaired, you can contact us using the Text Relay
service by dialling 18001 before calling 0870 444 1820
3. If you require a copy of our code of practice in an alternative format we can also supply it in
braille, large print and on audio CD. To request a copy in one of these formats, please call
0870 444 1820.