cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Managing TV Boosts

No ratings

Our TV Boosts give you access to premium content like Sky Sports and  Sky Cinema as well as a range of entertainment channels such as Sky One, Fox and documentary channels like National Geographic. There's also lots for the kids to enjoy too such as Cartoon Network and the Disney Channel.

You can add a TV Boosts at any time and decide whether or not you want to keep your TV Boost on a month-by-month basis. 

You'll need a minimum broadband speed of 7Mbps and once you've subscribed we'll continue to any TV Boosts we'll continue to charge you monthly, and after the first 30 days you're free to cancel whenever you choose. For a list of available Boosts, visit our TV Boosts Guide.

The quickest way to add Boosts is directly on your TalkTalk TV Box, but you can also add them in My Account if you wish. Follow the steps below to add your favourites.

In More TV

1. Press the TalkTalk / Menu button on your remote, head to TV Boosts, select the TV Boost you want to add and select Subscribe
  2. Enter your Payment PIN and you'll be taken to My Boosts where they'll be ready to watch!

In the Guide

1. Press the Guide button, locate your chosen channel and press OK to view it. If you're not already subscribed you'll be prompted to add the relevant TV Boost
  2. Select Subscribe, enter your Payment PIN and your Boost will be ready to watch in the My Boosts area of My Stuff

In My Account

1. Visit My Account and log in
  2. Select your chosen TV Boosts and click the Apply Changes button
  3. Your channels will be available on TalkTalk TV in More TV within 24 hours

To remove or cancel a TV Boost, you'll need to head over to My Account and follow the steps below. Your Boost must have been active for more than one month (the minimum commitment period) to be able to cancel it without charge.

1. Click on the Your Boosts tab to view those you are currently subscribed to
  2. Untick the ones you wish to cancel and click the Apply Changes button

Your Boost will be removed within 24 hours.

It's really simple to watch your TV Boost channels via your TalkTalk TV Box. Simply make sure you have signed up to your chosen Boosts, then press the TalkTalk / Menu button on your remote and scroll to My Stuff where you'll find your subscribed TV Boosts. You can also search, filter, browse or enter the dedicated channel number from the guide.

If you try to visit a channel you're not currently subscribed to, you'll be prompted to either sign up to view this channel or return to the TV Guide.

Finding channels & programmes

Search

1. Press the search button on your remote and enter your programme name
  2. Select your chosen programme from the suggestions and press OK

Filter

1. From the TV Guide, press the blue button and select Subscribe to choose your TV Boost channel
  2. Choose your channel

In More TV

1. Press the TalkTalk / Menu Button to visit More TV
  2. Select My Stuff from the Menu and select My Boosts to see all your current TV Boosts

Enter Channel Number

1. Visit the TV Channels Guide to find your channel number
  2. Enter it with the number buttons on your remote

Browse TV Guide

1. Head to the Guide to find all TV Boost channels (channels start from 301)
  2. Select the channel you want to watch

If you can't find your TV Boost channels please check the following:

• You've allowed 24 hours from adding your TV Boosts (if you added them in My Account).

• Your broadband speed is 7Mbps or above  - this is the minimum requirement for TV Boosts

• If you're watching your TV Boost channels for the first time, you may be asked to set up the channel by pressing the OK button. You'll only need to do this once, and then you'll have access to all the channels in your subscription.

Boosts added to your bill

Head over to My Account, log in and follow the steps below:

To view your current bill usage:

1. Click the button to View Latest Bill
  2. In the TV Extras section, click the link to View itemised TV usage
  3. You'll see a section for Itemised TV rentals and purchases where you can view the content you've bought

To view usage since your last bill:

1. On the My Account, home screen click on the TV tab
  2. Scroll down to Your TV Boosts, and click to view your current Boosts
  3. These items will be charged to your next bill

Boosts removed from your bill

Depending on when you cancel your TV Boost, your bill will be amended slightly differently. We recommend that you wait until the end of your commitment period to cancel your TV Boost, so that you avoid extra charges and paying for channels you don't have access to.

Time of cancellation

1st 30 days
Your bill will show two charges:

Part-month charge for the time you've had the Boost. Look for the 'P' symbol on your bill.

Commitment breakage fee for the time between cancellation & end of 30 day commitment period.

After 30 days 
Your cancellation will take effect within 24 hours.

Depending on when your next bill is due, you may be charged for the full month. Rest assured you'll see a part-month credit on your next bill to cancel out the charges.

During a promotion
Your commitment period may vary depending on the promotion. You'll have two charges:

Part-month charge for the time you've had the Boost. Look for the 'P' symbol on your bill.

Commitment breakage fee for the time between cancellation & end of the promotional commitment period.

If you're trying to watch a TV Boost channel but don't have any picture or audio, please follow the below steps.

1. Wait, it may be just a delay in the content loading
  2. Turn your router, Network Connector (if you have them) and TalkTalk TV box off. Wait 30 seconds and turn your router and Network Connector back on, wait a further 30 seconds then turn your TalkTalk TV Box back on
  3. Check your internet connection is working (try opening a web page on a laptop, PC or tablet). All TV Boost channels will also show 3 grey dots in the Guide (rather than blue) if the TalkTalk TV Box can't connect to the internet

Any Boosts, purchases and rentals you add will be charged directly to your TalkTalk Bill each month. If you remove Boosts, this will usually take effect within 24 hours and the changes will be reflected within the next couple of bills. For more information on billing, visit Your Bill Explained

Mike
Hi, I’m Mike did you find my article useful?

Need to speak to our team?

Our experts are here to help, select one of the following contact options:

To help us deal with your query quickly, please confirm the following information when you write to us. We will aim to respond in writing to your query in 10 days.

- Your full name
- Your TalkTalk Phone or mobile number
- Your Signature

TalkTalk Correspondence Dept
PO Box 675
Salford
M5 0NL

All letters will be sent to the primary billing address unless stated otherwise. Please also include the best way to contact you about your query, such as your contact phone number or contact address.

Call us for free on: 0345 172 0088

Make sure you have your account details to hand when you call.

Calls are free from your TalkTalk phone, our customer services team are available 8am-8pm, Technical Support 24/7 every day. If you’re deaf, hard of hearing or speech-impaired, the Text Relay Service can be used to help you contact us, simply dial 18001 followed by 0345 1720088