cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Managing payments on TalkTalk TV

No ratings

We’ve made some big changes to our TV service. Now you can catch up on all your favourite shows whether you’re watching TV at home or on the move. For more helpful information on these changes please visit TalkTalk TV support.

You’re able to add any purchases made directly to your TalkTalk bill. You'll be charged for your purchases within your bill rather than instant charge. 

Why can I no longer see my credit/debit card as a payment option?

We've been aware for some time that over 99% of our customers use our add-to-bill option when purchasing titles from TalkTalk TV. We have decided to no longer support the option to purchase by card. Adding purchases to your bill is really easy and the cost will come out of your account on your billing date.

When you buy a Film or TV show from us to own, you’ll be able to watch it, or download it to watch offline as many times as you like on your registered devices. If you own something it will not disappear from your library.

When you rent a Film, you’ll have up to thirty days to start watching it before it disappears from your library. After you start watching, you’ll have forty-eight hours to finish watching it. After this time, the Film will be removed from your library.

Rented Films also come with download restrictions. You can download a rental onto just one mobile device (iOS or Android). Once downloaded, you will not be able to watch it on any other device. Don’t delete it before you finish watching it or you won’t be able to watch it anymore.

We only offer Films to rent. In order to watch TV shows, you’ll need to buy them to own.

You can visit My Account at any time to unsubscribe from a Boost. Once logged in, you'll find 'Manage TV boosts' under 'My Services'. Simply Un-tick or tick to subscribe and unsubscribe from a Boost.

If you haven’t yet watched it then we’ll be happy to give you a refund. Just get in touch with our customer services team and we’ll remove the title from your library and refund it.

There are a number of reasons that this can occur. For instance, we may not have been able to take payment for your previous TalkTalk bill. Please get Contact us and we’ll investigate it for you.

If you haven’t yet watched it then we’ll be happy to give you a refund. Just Contact us and we’ll remove the title from your library and refund it.

Our brilliant Buy to Own feature introduces the option to purchase your favourite TV content, alongside selected blockbuster films to watch on up to 4 devices whenever you like! This feature joins our existing great value Boosts, included content and the latest blockbuster releases available to rent to give you even more choice of what to watch.

How to buy content?

Simply press the TalkTalk button on your remote to visit More TV and view all the available content. Follow the steps below to complete your purchase and enjoy!

Don't forget, the buy to own feature is available on selected content only. 

1. Visit More TV, followed by Films or TV Shows

2. Click on the whole series icon or an individual episode to buy TV Shows or select your chosen film

3. You'll be taken to the purchase screen

4. Select Own for your chosen SD or HD version to buy. Please note, HD will only be offered if you have compatible line speeds

5. Enter your Payment PIN to confirm your purchase at the price displayed

6. Your purchase will complete and your chosen content will start to play

Your purchases will appear in the rentals section of My Account within your current billing cycle only, and to make them easy to find they'll state purchased after the title.

What happens to purchases if you leave TalkTalk?

As you have purchased your content to own, you'll still be able to keep it if you decide to leave TalkTalk. You'll need to contact us when you leave so we can transfer your purchases, and then watch out for an email from TalkTalk TV with all the instructions.

If you've already left TalkTalk you can still retrieve your purchases by Contacting us. You'll need to ensure you've logged into TalkTalk TV before leaving us in order to access your purchases.

$
Mike
Hi, I’m Mike did you find my article useful?

Need to speak to our team?

Our experts are here to help, select one of the following contact options:

To help us deal with your query quickly, please confirm the following information when you write to us. We will aim to respond in writing to your query in 10 days.

- Your full name
- Your TalkTalk Phone or mobile number
- Your Signature

TalkTalk Correspondence Dept
PO Box 675
Salford
M5 0NL

All letters will be sent to the primary billing address unless stated otherwise. Please also include the best way to contact you about your query, such as your contact phone number or contact address.

Call us for free on: 0345 172 0088

Make sure you have your account details to hand when you call.

Calls are free from your TalkTalk phone, our customer services team are available 8am-8pm, Technical Support 24/7 every day. If you’re deaf, hard of hearing or speech-impaired, the Text Relay Service can be used to help you contact us, simply dial 18001 followed by 0345 1720088