cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Problems logging in to email

No ratings

We understand that having problems with your login details can be really frustrating, but don’t worry. There are steps you can take to recover them and get access to your services again.

I've forgotten my login details for webmail

Finding your webmail details is simple; you can find everything in one place in My Account.

1. Log into My Account
  2. Choose My details in the top toolbar, and select Login details
  3. Now you’ll see a table showing every email address we have saved for you

You can reset your email password in my account see Managing your email in My Account If you don’t have access to My Account, you can also use our password reset service.

However, do bear in mind that this service will only work if you have a talktalk.net email address and if you've set up password recovery details for your email account.

I've forgotten my login details for My Account

At the moment, you can only reset your My Account logins if you know your username and you’ve set up password recovery details. We know this isn’t helpful for some of our customers, and we’re working hard to improve this process. 

1. If you have set up recovery details, choose having trouble logging in? on the My Account login page
  2. We’ll now need to verify your identity so we can reset your details securely, so enter your My Account username (this will be an email address) and select Continue
  3. Now you’ll be given the option to recover your password by text or email. Choose which you’d prefer and click Continue. We’ll either send you a code by text or an email to your recovery address

If you do have access to webmail and My Account- we recommend that you set up your recovery details as soon as possible. The best way to do this is by creating another email address. It's really easy to do and means that we can send you a new password safely and securely if needed. Find full instructions on how to do this in Recovery details for your TalkTalk mail.

If you can’t access My Account or haven't set up password recovery details, please contact us so we can find your details for you.

If you have been recently migrated and you're experiencing either of these issues then see below for a fix;

• You use webmail on talktalk.co.uk and have stopped receiving new emails
  • You use a third-party email application with POP/IMAP and see a username/password error preventing you from retrieving emails.

It might be because since you've been upgraded to the new TalkTalk Mail, you now need to log into your mailbox using your main email address and not an alias (this is a secondary address that you would have set up).

To fix the issue:

• When you log into webmail, try the original email address that you're using for the same mailbox.
    Only this first email address you chose for this mailbox will work and will give you access to all emails. The password hasn’t changed.
  • If you use a third-party email application with POP/IMAP, in your settings, you'll just need to update the credentials with the original email address that you use for the same mailbox. Only this email address for this mailbox will work and will allow you to retrieve your emails. The password hasn’t changed.

$
Simon
Hi, I’m Simon did you find my article useful?

Need to speak to our team?

Our experts are here to help, select one of the following contact options:

To help us deal with your query quickly, please confirm the following information when you write to us. We will aim to respond in writing to your query in 10 days.

- Your full name
- Your TalkTalk Phone or mobile number
- Your Signature

TalkTalk Correspondence Dept
PO Box 675
Salford
M5 0NL

All letters will be sent to the primary billing address unless stated otherwise. Please also include the best way to contact you about your query, such as your contact phone number or contact address.

Call us for free on: 0345 172 0088

Make sure you have your account details to hand when you call.

Calls are free from your TalkTalk phone, our customer services team are available 8am-8pm, Technical Support 24/7 every day. If you’re deaf, hard of hearing or speech-impaired, the Text Relay Service can be used to help you contact us, simply dial 18001 followed by 0345 1720088