cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with TalkTalk Mail

Not being able to use your email can be frustrating, but don’t worry, we've added some tips to help you get back up and running. If you're experiencing issues with an email client such as Outlook, Thunderbird or the email app on your smartphone or tablet it's worth checking that you can still access your mail using webmail.

It's also worth checking that there are no filters or auto forwarding rules in place.

If you can access your email using webmail but not your email client it's possible there is an issue with the settings in the app. Check out email settings for full details. If any further issues with the app then it's best to contact the app provider.

Finding your webmail details is simple; you can find everything in one place in My Account.

1. Log into My Account
  2. Choose My package & add-ons in the navigation menu, scroll down to  My email
  3. Select Manage mailboxes
  4. Select the email address you want 
  5. Select Change Password 
  6. Complete the page and select Save changes

You can reset your email password in my account see Managing your email in My Account If you don’t have access to My Account, you can also use our password reset service.

However, do bear in mind that this service will only work if you have a talktalk.net email address and if you've set up password recovery details for your email account.

Forgotten login details for My Account

See our article Forgotten your My Account details 

1. Log in to TalkTalk Mail  
  2. On the Portal page select Mail in the top navigation bar to access all your emails.
  3. If you're accessing TalkTalk mail on a mobile or tablet the mail link might be hidden in the menu, if this is the case then select the burger menu (the 3 stacked line) icon to access.
  4. New messages should automatically appear as soon they reach our servers, but you can use the refresh button (two circular arrows top right)

If you can receive your emails in TalkTalk mail but not using a third-party tool such as Outlook then you can check your settings here  Email settings - IMAP & POP3 

If you've reached your mail quota of '10GB/ 700k emails' then you won't be able to send or receive emails. You can see your total on the left side of the mail pane. Remove old emails to make sure you’ll have enough space to send and receive new emails again. For more information see  TalkTalk Mail Storage Quota 

You can test your email service here,  select the button below, this will open an email window, send a test email and if successful you'll get an auto-reply.

1. Log in to TalkTalk Mail  
  2. .From the Mail app, click on the “New email“ button on the left

3. Enter a correct email address in the To field and fill in the fields you need to, add any attachments

4. Select the Send button at the bottom of the screen

5. You'll then be redirected back to your inbox

You can see your email has been sent by checking the Sent folder.
If you can send your emails in TalkTalk mail but not using a third-party tool such as Outlook then you can check your settings in our article  Email settings - IMAP & POP3 

Make sure you haven't exceeded your mailbox quota, for more information see  TalkTalk Mail Storage Quota 

If you still have issues check your sent folder, if the problem is with the interface, then you'll need to check your browser version. 

You can test your email service here,  select the button below, this will open an email window, send a test email and if successful you'll get an auto-reply.

If you're struggling to find a message, you can use the search bar at the top of the page. Messages may be in your folders listed in the folder panel (select the folder view/sidebar icon in the bottom left corner if your folder panel is hidden). Messages in the Trash and Spam folders get deleted automatically after 30 days. Please note that all your messages were kept during the upgrade to the new TalkTalk Mail.

Are you seeing the following error message "Connection timed out please try reloading the page...Reload" or if you're having issues logging in after your account has been upgraded then we recommend checking your antivirus settings and allowing the following;
  • apps.talktalk.co.uk
  • newmail.talktalk.co.uk

You'll know if your emails are being blocked by the recipient as they'll bounce back into your inbox with a  message. This will confirm why your mail can’t be sent.

It's possible that the person you are trying to email has an issue on their end and the problem is not with your service.

There are a few things you can do to work out what may be the issue.

• Blocked sender list: It might be a good idea to contact the person you're trying to email and make sure you’re not on their blocked sender list
  • If you keep a copy of your sent emails, check your sent items folder. If the email does not appear in sent items, check your draft folder to make sure the email was sent. If it's not here either, then the problem will most likely be with your browser
  • Try updating to the latest version of your browser, then try again
  • Contact the person or business you are trying to email and see if anyone else has had problems emailing them. This will tell you right away if the issue is with your email or with their email
  • Address not found: Make sure the address you're sending to has the right spelling
  • Email too large: If you're trying to send an email with attachment(s), remember that the size limit will vary depending on your email address. Anything over this limit won't send. Try sending your attachments in multiple emails, zipping the file first, or using online storage to share your files
  • Mailbox full: If the person/organisation you're emailing has no space in their inbox, your email won't be delivered. Ask them to delete some, then try sending again
  • Spam filters: Check the content of the email, could some of the words in the subject have caused the spam filter to block the email?

If you get this message, the chances are you're trying to send to a large group of people so we suggest retrying with a smaller group.

If after logging into your TalkTalk Mail  you get a blank page, follow these steps

1. Reload the page, the easiest way is to press the F5 key
  2. Clear Cache
  3. Try an alternative browser, such as Edge , Firefox , Chrome or Safari  

TalkTalk Mail is compatible with:

Not having the latest browser version can sometimes cause these issues to happen, to check you have the latest version  of your browser select  below