cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using HomeSafe with Full Fibre

HomeSafe is a family-friendly web filter for your home Wi-Fi, blocking inappropriate content and websites that could harbour malware for any device that’s connected to it. Every TalkTalk broadband customer gets our HomeSafe web filter included for their home network.

what can homesafe do?

kidsafe

This feature stops kids reaching inappropriate sites in the categories you’ve chosen to exclude.

homework time

This setting lets you restrict the hours the kids can go on social networking or gaming sites.

virus alerts

With Virus Alerts, you’ll get an alert if you're about to go to a website that's infected with viruses.

scam protection

We'll remove explicit content from search results and filter websites being misused by scammers.

Using HomeSafe

You can manage your HomeSafe settings in My Account. Simply select My Services in the navigation menu, then View HomeSafe Settings from the drop-down menu.

When you sign up for Full Fibre, HomeSafe's Scam Protection feature will be automatically enabled on your account.

To activate HomeSafe on your account:

1. Log into My Account
  2. Select Profile & Settings in the navigation menu
  3. Select My Security Settings
  4. Then choose View HomeSafe Settings
  5. You'll have the choice to activate KidSafe, Homework Time and Virus Alerts
  6. Select the ON switch next to each feature you want to turn on
  7. When switching on KidSafe and Homework Time, confirm your settings by selecting the save changes button

To keep you safe online we strongly recommend you keep Scam Protection switched on. However, should you need to switch HomeSafe off for any reason, here's how to do it:

1. Log into My Account
  2. Select Profile & Settings in the navigation menu
  3. Select My Security Settings
  4. Then choose View HomeSafe Settings
  5. You'll be able to see which features are currently switched on
  6. Select the OFF switch next to each feature you want to turn off
  7. When switching off KidSafe you'll see a prompt asking if you're sure you want to switch it off. Simply click the Turn KidSafe Off button to confirm