Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

£4 Increase for TV

7 REPLIES 7
AshAlex
Team Player

Same situation, quite sneaky and I just happened to check our bill and saw the mysterious price increase for TalkTalk TV. I spoke to customer service and they said it was the price increase for "Multi Room" TV, apparently you need to opt out of this if you dont want it.

If anything like this needs to be offered the customer should have the option to Opt in not Opt out. 

The advisor was able to cancel it and offered me a credit on the account ,not the full amount which is funny, but another credit will be offered on our next bill.

Waste of time and completely unethical.

I do want to know what is affected as there seems to be a whole lot of wrong information being provided by Customer Service advisors on the phone , who have told me this charge was for Multi Room TV. I took the offer from TalkTalk based on the package which included Entertainment Boost discounted to £8 for 18 months and I was promised no change in price for the entire contract. Please see attached screenshot.

Regards,

Ash

AshAlex
Team Player

What the hell is going on with TalkTalk, just been informed that they have removed my FibreSpeed Boost?

Why? I just wanted my extra £4 for TV cancelled not my Speed Boost. I am taking this up with the Financial Ombudsman now as this is definitely not acceptable. 

You offer a package and price to attract customers , guranteeing no price change and then do this.

ferguson
Community Star

Sorry to see this, looks like it may be a mistake. The support team here will look into this for you if you wish.

The Financial Ombudsman has no jurisdiction over TalkTalk, you probably mean Cisas. But they won't get involved unless you have exhausted TalkTalk's internal complaint process which you are some way from doing at present.

AshAlex
Team Player

Hi Ferguson,

TalkTalk's mistake has costed me an hour and half of pure agony on the phone to get sorted, I was passed on from the customer service team to the Loyalty Team in the end to sort.

All I wanted was my £4 extra charge cancelled. Apparently the email sent by TalkTalk had the wrong information on it.

The Financial Ombudsman help consumers in the UK  recover costs if breach of contract has taken place.

Please sort out the mess you have created, I have had to waste time for no reason which I will never get back.

ferguson
Community Star

Not my mess, I don't work for them! But somebody who does will look at this for you just as soon as they can. 

AshAlex
Team Player

I didnt mean you I meant TalkTalk...:tongue: . The Loyalty Team sorted this out for me in the end.

AshAlex
Team Player

Just to show you TalkTalk actually did take off my Fibre Speed Boost and Faster Fibre and downgraded me to normal broadband for no reason. They have added it back on now. Please see attached.

AshAlex
Team Player

Noticed today that my Fibre Speed Boost has magically disappeared from my account today.

Front line team on the phone had no idea, tranferred to the wrong department, went through security checks 3 times just to get to the Loyalty Team.

TalkTalk Loyalty team now say that my line cant handle Speed Boost, how has my line handled speed boost for the past 3 months? How did TalkTalk sell me this package and convinced me to add the Fibre Speed Boost so that I can get better speed?

They have cancelled my boost mid contract and are not putting it back and no one informed me about any of this, luckily I check my account to keep track of things.

They were still charging me for Fibre Speed boost btw , escalated this to the Customer Service Manager who struggled for words (bless him) as he said my line cant handle boost to which I asked how did it handle boost for the past 3 months? He didnt have an answer. Charges apparently are going to be refunded but wont allow me to cancel my TalkTalk contract. 

TalkTalk horror stories are all true and I have now escalated my complaint to the CEO's office.