Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Bill has changed, why?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Anybody else's bill changed this month??

Also seem to have had a £10 unlimited calls boost applied to my account? but not by me as I generally don't make calls so why would I?

Also not been offered advanced line rental option so is this a consequence of the tt team thinking they know my call patterns

I know I can untick this option in my account but why was it applied in the first place??

Highlighted
Community Star

Have you perhaps reached the end of a contract/discounted period? There has not been an option of advance line rental for some time now as TalkTalk no longer charge for it separately.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Yes advanced payment for line rental but that does not explain the £10 call boost added to my account I did not hear from talk talk to authorise this on my account.

Highlighted
Community Star

Did you have the Boost previously, but discounted? The support team can check on all this for you, but they won't be back online until next week.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @biden50

Ive checked your account. 

You have had the calls boost since 2016, however you did have a half price discount which expired this month, Your value line rental has also expired this is the reason for the price increase. 

As you are on a very old package (simply broadband) I would suggest contacting our loyalty team you could save money on one of our fixed price plan. 

Regards

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thanks for the update 

Sadly loyalty team could not offer anything else, sadly it doesn't seem to matter if you've been a long standing customer anymore 

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

What did you ask for? Are you out of contract paying the standard rate? Loyalty staff are a funny lot, I had to speak to 3 different ones before I got a deal that I was happy with. Why, who knows! But this is a theme on some threads relating to renewals, you just need to speak to the right person and start saying your off if they don't give you what you want. Of course you need to know what you would like, length of contract, price, discounted boosts etc. Like any negotiation it needs to be done with some humour and making reasonable demands. Good luck

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Take for the heads up