Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cannot register account

14 REPLIES 14
lutami
Conversation Starter

My son is changing to talktalk from another provider...he's today received an e-mail to register account.

How do I complete registration for My Account?

It only takes 2-3 minutes.

• You'll then receive an email containing a link to reset your password

go live date is not until the 19th of this month...when link in mail to register account is clicked on he gets the message 

Sorry we can't bring you the page you were after.

Tried the link numerous times from different browsers without success.

Any help with this please...Thankyou.

Divsec
Community Star

Hi lutami thanks for highlighting this fault, I'm sure @OCE_Karl will get it fixed.

Quick fix for you, follow the broken link

Below the error message you should see a menu bar with my account mentioned

Follow that link

Should take you to login or register

Follow register

Job done

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
lutami
Conversation Starter
Thanks Divsec appreciated but that doesn't work either...tried many times and get the message
'You've had several tries. The email or passwords you've entered are incorrect. For extra security you'll need to reset your password or wait 1 minute to try again.'

Tried resetting password four times but each time get the message 'Sorry something went wrong'
Getting a little frustrated with this now...as the line doesn't go live until the 19th could that have something to do with it?

I'll give it a few more tries then give up for today.

lutami
Conversation Starter
Tried three more times without success...still get message
'Error: Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again.

Divsec
Community Star

Hi Lutami, are you getting to this screen?

Screenshot_20190308-215915.jpg

lutami
Conversation Starter

Yes exactly that...cheers for trying to help.

Step 1...use link from talktalk e-mail...
How do I complete registration for My Account?
It only takes 2-3 minutes.
Visit talktalk.co.uk/access, enter your My Account email address ... I click on the link and get the message 'Sorry we can't bring you the page you were after'

Step 2..I follow your suggestion and click on the My Account link that's under the message...sign in with e-mail and password and get...The email address or password you entered is incorrect. Please try again or reset your log in details.

Step 3..Try to reset log in details...I verify identity by a code to my phone...it takes me to registration page...I set up account logins confirm password and select billing method.

It then tells me You are already registered. Please use this email address to login.

Step 4...I try to log in using my e-mail address and the correct password but get

The email address or password you entered is incorrect. Please try again or reset your login details.

Step5...  Repeat all steps same results so give up for tonight...will ring them in the morning.

Divsec
Community Star

Sorry I can't help more😥. The team here will pick up your posts on Monday if you want a frustration free weekend

All the best.

D

lutami
Conversation Starter

Thanks for trying   🙂

Community Team

Hi @lutami

Can you put your sons landline or account number in the private notes section of your community profile, So I can see whats going wrong.

Thanks 

lutami
Conversation Starter

Thanks Arne...I've gone to my profile and can't see private notes section.

lutami
Conversation Starter

Ok found it ...account number and landline put in.

Community Team

Thanks @lutami

The account still shows as part registered so I've resent the verification email, can you ask him to check his mail and try again. 

Regfards

lutami
Conversation Starter

Thanks Arne...clicked on confirm e-mail address in Account Registration e-mail you sent.

Typed in the correct e-mail and the correct password and get this

You are already registered. Please use this email address to login.

Try to log in again with correct e-mail and password and get this

The email address or password you entered is incorrect. Please try again or reset your login details

Reset log in details again and get this

Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again.

lutami
Conversation Starter
Just received e-mail from talktalk. "We have registered you for a TalkTalk My Account".
I followed the links in the e-mail.. put in another new password and everything worked this time.

Thankyou...appreciated.

Community Team