Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Confirmation of deal

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi. I've just been dealing with Mbali on online chat to discuss fibre. He offered fibre for £23.50 with fibre boost option for 63mbps for £2.50, no free calls package, keeping my youview box, with free WiFi hub. Total £26 on an 18 month contract. However he closed down the chat just when I was about to agree! He was also going to remove the TV subscription (which I never asked for). I'm unable to reconnect via online chat to confirm that I'm happy with the contract. Could I get it confirmed on here with a date for switching to fibre? I'm quite cross actually that he was so quick to log off. Also that I was unable to download an email transcript of the chat as it didn't work. Luckily I took a screenshot of his final offer which I can provide if someone needs it.

Could someone please confirm the above offer, confirm that TV subscriptions is removed and give me a start date for fibre? Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Star

If you have a screenshot post it here, minus any personal details. For future reference you should set up email confirmation during the chat, not after it has closed.

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi. Managed to get back on online chat again to reconfirm the deal. Talktalk have emailed confirmation. BUT they've said Fibre 36mbps on a 24 month contract, with fibre boost on an 18 month contract .whereas the deal negotiated with Mbali was that they both ended at the same time - 18 months. Also I was assured there was no connection fee and the confirmation email shows a £60 charge with a £50 credit ,- a £10 charge? Could you possibly sort this please? Sorry, I'm not technically-minded and can't see how to attach the original screen shot. The second online chat agreed to the original offer but seems to have changed the contract duration and connection fee!

You've now got
·Faster Fibre with TV - £23.50 a month.
·A new 24 month contract applies.
·Fibre Speed Boost - £5.00 
Your discounts applied
·Half Price Fibre Speed Boost for 18 Months
·£10.00 Discount for 24 Months - Faster
·£50 Setup Fee Welcome Credit
You've removed
·TalkTalk TV
One-off charges
·Wi-fi Hub - £0.00
·Set-up Fee - £60.00

Highlighted
Team Player

@ferguson wrote:

If you have a screenshot post it here, minus any personal details. For future reference you should set up email confirmation during the chat, not after it has closed.

Hi. No reply as yet to my subsequent answer. Any chance you can sort the contract duration out to both fibre and boost over 18 months which is what I actually agreed to. 

Highlighted
Community Star

Sorry that this slipped through the net, I have flagged it up now.

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @trickywitch

I can confirm that the order is progressing and Fibre will go live  on the 14th Feb, there is no connection fee, and the TV charge has been removed as part of the order. The Fibre order is for 24 months and the boost for 18 months, this cant be altered untill the order completes. 

Highlighted
Team Player

Thank you. Could you also clarify the £4 TV charge? I assumed it was for some sort of TV optional extras and asked for it to be removed once I'd had assurance that I could keep the Youview box as I'd never asked for it in the first place. However I'm still not clear what the TV charge was for. Will I still be able to use the Youview for freeview/iPlayer/Netflix etc? There appears to be a lot of confusion about this.

Very sneaky of Talktalk just to insert this charge onto your bill with no clear information of what it's for. Can you shed some light on this please?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff
Highlighted
First Timer

Hello, sorry to hi jack this conversation.

I have just been trying to finalise and confirm my renewal 2 yr contract with a new super router on the chat, I find it so hard to believe that people at TT on the phone and chat cannot email me what has been agreed, this applies to both customer services or loyalty Depts.  I have had to screen shot the conversation as it progressed as proof of my deal which is faster fibre, line rental and all inclusive UK calls to landlines and mobiles for £25.00 per month for 2 years.

Please could someone tell me how to get an Email confirmation of my new deal as I really don't trust them with the all inclusive calls part.

Regards Pete.

Highlighted
Community Star

@fivepeakspete1  You can choose to get a copy of the chat emailed to you, but you have to do that while the chat is live. If you want the support team to look into this you for then start your own topic.