Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Contract renewal - TT 'strategy'

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi all,

My contract is due to expire next month.. So I've decided to change the broadband provider. Then TT made an offer - by email and letter. Because it was a good deal, I've called TT call centre and confirmed that the deal is available (24.05.19) - I followed the instructions and cancelled the order from the other provider which I have chosen already on the same day. Confirmation the order is cancelled was received on Friday, 24.05 (the same day I have confirmed the TT deal). Imagine, how big my surprise was on Monday, 27.05 when I received a call from TT agent saying that deal is not available (due to high demand in my area - was available Friday, not available Monday..)

So the available offer for me is to stick to the contract I have at the moment.

Did you have a similar situation? Is that practice legal?

It sounds like a joke, but unfortunately, it is a TalkTalk reality..

Bart

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff
Highlighted
First Timer
I was after FasterFibre which was offered to me while I said I am leaving TT. At the moment I have standard broadband, 11Mb.
Highlighted

Hi Bart_86

Thanks for your post. 

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer
If you could look into my case it would be great. I have updated my details.

Thanks
Highlighted

Hi @Bart_86

Ive checked and Fibre is available,  but due to high demand in your area we are unable to offer it to you right now. Please keep on checking every few weeks to see when it's available.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused