Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Contract renewal - cannot get the plan on offer to new customers

24 REPLIES 24
greenwalker
Popular Poster

If I go to either of these two pages while not signed in to my TalkTalk account:
https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/
https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/broadband/compare-broadband-deals

I see "Unlimited Fibre Broadband" being offered at £19.95 a month for an 18-month contract. Further down the page, under a heading "Offer terms for existing customers" it says "Offers for Fixed Price Plans advertised by TalkTalk are available to new and existing TalkTalk customers who have less than 90 days remaining within the minimum term of their old contract. Existing customers need to sign a new Fixed Price Plan contract."

My current contract ends in two weeks, but as soon as I sign in to my account the price jumps to £25 a month.

I have called TalkTalk to ask about renewing my contract twice. The first time I was initially quoted £25 a month, but when I mentioned the £19.95 a month plan currently being promoted I was transferred to the loyalty department. Unfortunately I was cut off about 20 seconds after being transferred. I waited to see if I would be called back, but I wasn't. So I called again and spoke to somebody else who said all he could offer me was the £25 a month contract. I was told the £19.95 a month offer was only available online. To add insult to injury, the last person I spoke to insisted on going through a long list of questions "to make sure I was on the best contract" and then tried to sell me a speed boost which I certainly don't need.

So what can I do please to get this offer?

Divsec
Community Star

Hi Green walker, did you try live chat and customer loyalty? 

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
greenwalker
Popular Poster

Hi Divsec, thanks for the suggestions. I haven't seen any links for live chat today and I don't know an easy way to get to customer loyalty. So far I've spent 15 minutes on each of two calls to contract renewals and it's got me nowhere at all, so I've had enough of trying to phone.

Just realised that where the link to live chat should be, Firefox is just showing a blank red rectangle. Tried using Edge and it says "Live Chat Busy".

Regards, greenwalker

Divsec
Community Star
Getting more frustrating by the minute. I just tried in Chrome, https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/ and the chat link was there. Give it a try, once they decide they can't help just ask to be transferred to loyalty
Good luck
greenwalker
Popular Poster

I don't have Chrome installed, but I did eventually get to use chat on Edge. I explained the problem, got transferred to loyalty and explained the problem again. Still not resolved though, they said it's an online offer only which they are unable to provide. I explained I've already tried to do this online and it's not working, so they suggested I try again in 24 hours. Sounds like a problem with the website and maybe it will get fixed in the next day or two. I'll try again and if it's not working in a couple of days I'll take it from there.

There is something you may like to try, to confirm what I'm seeing. Go to https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/ in a browser window where you are not signed in to TalkTalk and you should see "Unlimited Fibre Broadband" at £19.95 a month. Now go to the same page in a browser window where you already signed into your TalkTalk account, and if you get what I'm seeing the same broadband plan will be £25 a month.

Regards, greenwalker

Divsec
Community Star

Hi Green walker, sorry that didn't work I felt sure the loyalty team could help. I did as requested on the website and agree the £25 pricing was offered once I logged in.

I'll make sure your post is flagged for assistance and you should hear during tomorrow. Good luck and I'll keep an eye out to make sure you get your deal.

D

greenwalker
Popular Poster

Hi Divsec, many thanks for your help!

Regards, greenwalker

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @greenwalker 

The Loyalty Team agent was wrong to deny you the contract renewal in the last month of your existing contract. Here's the TalkTalk press release on Britain's lowest fixed price fibre deal at £19.95, on offer from 8 Feb - 4 Mar, on an 18 month contract. 

100% behind Divsec that the Loyalty Team should have that deal (or better) available to you.

Gondola - Community support team

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

greenwalker
Popular Poster

Hi @Gondola

Thanks for the link to the press release, I had been unable to find out how long the offer is on for and was worried it could be withdrawn before my problem is resolved.

I'm guessing there may be a bug with the website and the supporting software, and that the same bug is preventing the loyalty team from seeing the £19.95 offer as an available option. I may be completely wrong!

This is how it went on Chat, yesterday evening:
loyalty team: I am afraid we don't have that deal on Live Chat, as it is our online deal.
me: I've tried to do this online from the webpage. It asks me for my phone number and then says I am recognised as an existing customer. It then gives me a price of £25 a month.
loyalty team: Okay I understand the best deal I can do for you if faster fibre for £22.95 on a 24 months contract.
me: This sounds like TalkTalk is advertising something that it is not prepared to supply.
loyalty team: I understand, however you can try again in the next 24 hours to place the fibre broadband for £19.95.
loyalty team: Via My Account.
me: ok, I'll try that
loyalty team: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
me: No, that's all thank you.

Regards, greenwalker

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @greenwalker 

Don't worry. Divsec is on the case supporting you and I'm 100% behind Divsec.

Bug, possibly. Bad coding probably. But no excuse for the Loyalty Team (that I'm normally promoting for their fairness) not being briefed on the deals recently announced by the Group press release.

Gondola - Community support team

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Divsec
Community Star

Hi Greenwalker a thought just occurred, please check your community profile and add your landline phone number if necessary it is used to identify your account. Please don't post personal details directly in the community.

Many thanks

D

greenwalker
Popular Poster

Hi Divsec, thanks for checking with me, I had in fact already done this.

Regards, greenwalker

Divsec
Community Star

@OCE_Ady @OCE_Karl hi both has this post been lost in the workflow or are things happening in the background?

Either that or @greenwalker is even more patient than I am

Thanks

D

greenwalker
Popular Poster

Hi Divsec, thanks for chasing this up. I am patient, but there are limits!

Yesterday evening I was with another TalkTalk customer I know who wanted to renew her contract. We looked at her renewal options together and she had the same problem as me, unable to get the offer available to new customers. This morning she called me to say she had tried again and this time had the correct offer price, so she has renewed now.

So I thought the problem had now been resolved, but I've just tried again myself and can still only get the £25 a month contract.

Regards, greenwalker

Divsec
Community Star

Thanks for the update Greenwalker, I'm really disappointed that you have not been contacted by the OCE team, this is most unusual. I am not going to apologise for them, they can do that themselves tomorrow.

Have you tried renewing using the Chrome incognito tab, it might just fool the cookies.

D

Community Team

Hi @greenwalker

Sorry for the delay, 

At this point there isn't much we can do, we are not allowed to process renewals as sales compliance script has to be given, All I can confirm is that you are within 90 days of the end of your contract so all deals are available to you, please note that some deals are online offers only, The loyalty team can only process the deals that are available to them. And we are aware of the bug where the price changes via My Account.  My only suggestion is to screenshot the deal you see,  That way once the sales is completed, and full sales process is completed,  I can then get involved.

Hope that helps

greenwalker
Popular Poster

Hi @OCE_Arne

Thanks for your advice. I've taken a screenshot of the offer I want and I've just placed my order. I'll get back here with the screenshot when the order process appears to be complete.

Regards, greenwalker

greenwalker
Popular Poster

Hi @OCE_Arne, @Divsec

As you advised, I renewed my contract online last week (Wed 20th Feb) at the only rate available to me i.e. £25 a month. I've logged into my account today and it shows a contract end date of 21 Aug 2020, so I hope this means the sales process is now completed and we can proceed. The contract I wanted (but was not shown as an option when I placed my order) was the one shown below at £19.95 a month.

TToffer1.jpg

Further down on the same page is this confirmation that as an existing customer I should have been able to sign up to this.

TToffer2.jpg

Thanks for your help.
Regards, greenwalker

Heather-48
Popular Poster
  • Hi @greenwalker   It appears we are in the same boat, my contract expires end of March, and every time i try to get the £19.95 offer it jumps to £25! Based on what you've said calling customer services or loyalty team seems to be pointless, although your friend who eventually got the price wanted after persevering offers a glimmer of hope, I'll keep trying!
  • Regards, Heather.