would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Contract / web chat

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
davep
Enlightened One

I used the web chat, through My Account, last week to ask about a new contract offer.  Having spent considerable time I asked to raise a complaint as I felt the agent wasn't taking any notice of what I was asking.  I asked for transcript to be sent, filled in my email address but didn't get anything through - not for the first time.

I received an email yesterday saying TT have been trying to phone me.  Well not too hard as they could have left a message but presumably didn't get as far as answering my call blocker.

3 numbers on phone :

0800955544 at 14.32 we were at home

01242899383  at 11.23  we were out

01273910788  at  10.24  we were at home.

Could an OCE please let me know which may have been from TT, and also ask that they try again whilst listening to the instructions and not putting disconnecting without trying to speak to someone.

The email asked that I call on 0345 1720 088.  As I don't fancy sitting for ages trying to get through to some Indian call centre maybe I can have someone actually call me and get past the call blocker.  It isn't difficult!

Alternatively someone from Retentions could call just once (I have the no contact filter active on my account) to see if I can be offered a similar deal to those on offer through at least 3 companies which can be found on one of the search engines, or even the same as in a previous thread title New Contract whose link I can't copy and paste.

Sorry for long post, hopefully will get somewhere.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi @davep

The attempt was made at 14:32 by a complaints manager.  The manager will try again today. 

Do you have an alternate number that I can update the complaint with?  

Highlighted
davep
Enlightened One

@OCE_Arne 

Thanks for the reply.

sorry my mistake we were out at that time.

I will be at home from 3 pm today and most days.

I probably won't hear my mobile and it isn't very clear anyway.  home line always preferred then there's a slight chance I'll have my a/c details.

Would you know whether I would get through quickly if I called the number given?

Highlighted
Community Team

I'll add a note to the complaint advising to try after 3pm. 

You could try the number, but the complaint manager that is handling your compliant, may not be available at that time. 

Highlighted
davep
Enlightened One

@OCE_Arne 

Haven't heard anything yet.  Plenty calls from scammers didn't get through.   I haven't phoned for reasons above.

If anyone has a good way of getting new contract at competitive price I'd be happy to hear.

Highlighted
davep
Enlightened One

@OCE_Arne 

Maybe previous was a bit early, as I have just had a call from a lady called Anna who has offered me an acceptable deal for the next 18 months.  A bit more than I could have got elsewhere, but worth the extra for the great support I and all members have on this forum!

Thanks

Highlighted
Rochelle
Insightful One

@davep 

I have been online today re a new contract or leaving TT after about 9 years as I have just about had enough.

1) email to say my  £19.95 contract expires in August and new standard tariff is £30

2) Offered fibre for £23.50 but I don't want or need fibre

3) Found online  TT price of £17.95  + £50 gift but T&C are for new customers which is disgusting - what about our loyalty

4) Now find I can get £21.50 for faster broadband which is what I have now

5) Post Office and Plusnet are much cheaper

6) Told Customer Services manager of all the things that had gone wrong with my emails in last 12-18months and asked for compensation. (I checked the dates that I had complained about things on this Forum)

7) Left it that I will get a phonecall at 2pm next Wednesday after investigation of all of above

😎Methinks I am leaving!!!

Any advance on that?

Update after reading another thread on this matter I contacted webchat and asked them to add :-

Offers for Fixed Price Plans advertised by TalkTalk are available to new and existing TalkTalk customers...   to my notes which I believe was actually done. The agent even offered to let me have the contract at that price ( not the £50 gift though)  but I said I would wait until they phone me on Wednesday at 2pm if they do as I want to negotiate compensation for 6) above. The webchat has been sent to my email address so I can quote from it!!

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Dave

I'm delighted that you and Anna got in tune together over a new deal. Even more so with your support for Community.

I'm sure Arne will mention this to Community Manager Stephen and I will also draw Stephen's attention to your kind words.

See you around. Gondola.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
ferguson
Community Star

Great stuff, what deal did you get in the end?

Highlighted
davep
Enlightened One

not sure I should say on here what I got in the end, but essentially 18 months free calls which is fine by me.  Anna said the price would not increase if the boost price is increased, but will have to wait and see over that one.  There are standard bb and calls from £17.99 and mine was a bit more than that. (but only a couple of quid)

Highlighted
ferguson
Community Star

It is entirely up to you whether to share or not, but there are no rules precluding it if that is your concern. TalkTalk aren't bothered about it because at the end of the day it is an individual thing.

And if your Anytime Calls deal is for free then fear not, that cannot increase in price.

The main thing is that you seem to have got a deal with which you are happy, end of!

Highlighted
Rochelle
Insightful One

@ferguson I have just finished on the phone and I got what I wanted. I got the £17.99 price I saw for new customers last week ( after quoting Sarah's line about the new and existing customers being charged the same)  but as £20 per month with £36 credit which considering my present price is £19.95 I am pleased with. I also manged to get some compensation so that the total credit came to what I was aiming for!! I was offered 24 months but took the 18 months in case prices go down. At least I don't have to worry about being left with no broadband for a few days when I change supplier like I read in some of the reviews. I have to say I have never had a problem with my landline phone.We only ever use it for incoming calls as we both have mobiles with unlimited calls on our contracts and phone abroad using whatsapp,