would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New faster Fibre Connection

6 REPLIES 6
simoncmo
Chatterbox

Hello,

I have recently rejoined Talktalk and my order is due to go live next Tuesday Looking at my order even though i have only signed upto fibre it mentions TV on there which i find very strange please see below.

talktalk.JPG

Can any one shed any light on this ?

Community Team

Hi simoncmo

Thanks for your post.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

simoncmo
Chatterbox

HI,

Thats all been done now i am very concerned as i have not received anything from talktalk only the order confirmation no welcome back still no router and the service is due to go live tomorrow.

Thanks

Simon

simoncmo
Chatterbox

I have had to already call in twice about my order it is due to go live tomorrow still no router even though I was assured it would arrive today !

Having spoken to customer services a few days ago explaining that I have not heard anything since I placed the order and got the order confirmation I was told everything is fine and I will defiantly get the router today 11th March 2019 NO ROUTER

Having tried being on live chat for over 45 mins and getting nowhere I gave in a rung the lady on the phone told me that there was no router on the order at which point the guy online chat came back and said as I was a talk talk customer 4 years ago and the router I had then would suffice. UMMMMM do they think I just have a scrap yard of talk talk routers lying around I explained what they guy on the live chat had advised and she said I don't know what he is talking about at which point she basically told me that if I don't like it I can cancel the order. WOW great customer service thanks for that. She then proceeded to tell me that she can order me another one I advised that would be brill save me cancelling the order. PHEW 

I then asked as the router will not be here for when my service goes live tonight / tomorrow could I please have my username and password to connect with as I have a billion router than I can use for now at which point she advised she needs to go off and speak to someone she came back about 5 mins later and explained that the broadband username and password is with the router which I don't have and properly won't get as it was sent some weeks ago only placed the order less than two weeks ago ?(back to the previous where she advised me that no router had been sent) at this point I had given up arguing and was very confused. she then advised they they don't just give out username and passwords I even explained what the username would be I just need the password which will properly be a mix of uppercase letters and numbers. all this to no avail so even though my service is possibly going live tomorrow and I dont have a talk talk router but I have my own router which I cannot use because they won't give me the username and password which apparently talk talk don't just give out. its is scary how shockingly bad this experience has been I guess you get what you pay for !

lets see what happens tomorrow I can see this going horribly wrong.

Community Team

Hi @simoncmo

Sorry that you are having problems, its not the service we would hope to provide. 

In regards to your order, its looks like there is a delay with it, this in turn is delaying the router order being triggered, once the order reaches "point of no return" the WIFI hub order will trigger and be delivered to you the next day. 

I have sent you a Personal Message on the community with the details that you require for your current router should the Hub be delayed. 

Regards

simoncmo
Chatterbox

HI,

Can you tell me what the delay is when it will be sorted what exactly is the issue. I have been told by multiple members of your support staff that there is nothing wrong with my order and it will go live today ?

will someone please just tell me what the hell is going on ?

Thanks

simoncmo
Chatterbox

Well after being told my fibre broadband was not going live today it's gone live well done TalkTalk. I had sky previously always managed to speak to someone I can understand and knew what they where doing.  I also had an 80mbps connection with sky of which I would normally hover around 76 /78 as the dlr cab is at the end of my drive..

Well with talktalk I have a blazing fast 18mbps which is way below the guaranted 72mbps. I don't relish the thought of ringing talktalk again as their English is very poor and there actual understanding of what's going on is very unlikely.

I still can't get over the fact that a customer service agent said to me you was a customer five years ago you can use the router you had then we don't have to send you a new router with a new connection. UNREAL 

Well it's been emotional talktalk but enough is enough I'm going...........