would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New fibre broadband missing from my account

ANSWERED
11 REPLIES 11
JMMMW
Participant

I have recently signed up for TalkTalk fibre broadband. However, when I log into my account, it is showing the disconnected broadband account I had a couple of years ago; there is no mention of my fibre broadband. Also, the old broadband account was set up in my husband's name, but the new fibre broadband is in my name so that would need to be changed. The email address remains the same. I currently do not have caller display, so I need to be able to log into my account to add this.

ferguson
Community Star

It is probably the email address which is causing the issue, it is a key login detail and I doubt it can be used for more than one account. Have you tried to set up My Account with a different email address?

Subject to that the online support team will gladly look into this for you, make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

Community Team

Hi @JMMMW

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

JMMMW
Participant
Community profile updated as requested. Thanks
JMMMW
Participant
Thanks for your reply. I have updated my profile so hopefully the support team will be able to resolve this problem. If they can't, I will set up a new email address to use for this account.
Community Team

Hi @JMMMW

There are no details in your profile, did you remember to click save?

JMMMW
Participant
Whoops! Sorry about that. Profile now updated (and saved)
Community Team
Solution

Hi @JMMMW

Can I just confirm that you are logging in using the correct details, I've checked the account and its is pointing to your active account. 

JMMMW
Participant
I was under the impression that I had to use my usual email address as this is the one I gave when opening the account. I have tried logging in using the new TalkTalk email address I was given and it is working fine now. Thanks for your help.
Community Team

Sorry for any confusion, you should have been advised it was the new address. 

JMMMW
Participant
No problem. It was easily sorted. Thanks for your help.