Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Overcharged - help please!

ANSWERED
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

I'm on a fixed term contract although I'm now being charged more for no reason.

Can someone please fix this and let me know how I get in touch to get my refund?

Divsec
Community Star

Hi if it happens to be £4 that'll be the TV charge introduced last month and prewarmed in December January by email. Other than that check your bill in my account to narrow it down.

D

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Hello, thanks for your reply. I have a fixed 24 month contract for Broadband only (I don't have any TV services from Talk talk) which started in October of last year. It clearly states in my agreement that I will not see any price rises in 24 months (the duration of my contract).
Can you please chase this up and ensure my money is refunded and this never happens again, and confirm?
Divsec
Community Star

Hi unfortunately I can't do that for you but the OCE team will sort it for you during tomorrow

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
teaman99
Conversation Starter

@nightoftheddemons88 wrote:
Hello, thanks for your reply. I have a fixed 24 month contract for Broadband only (I don't have any TV services from Talk talk) which started in October of last year. It clearly states in my agreement that I will not see any price rises in 24 months (the duration of my contract).
Can you please chase this up and ensure my money is refunded and this never happens again, and confirm?

It could be the £4 quid tv charge has mentioned,fancy having to opt out of something you did not opt into IF thats the case,and its `you` that has to do the work.

Hello everyone

Apologies for my confusion with this forum (it's really not clear!) - I assumed I was talking to TalkTalk customer service agents directly in my postings.

I've checked and it is indeed the TV charge (for a service which I don't and will never have!).  Can someone please escalate this to the department who need to:

1. Remove the incorrect charge from my account.

2. Refund me (NOT in the form of any TV/VOD voucher) for the £4.00 TV charge incorrectly already applied to my 05 March 2019 bill.

3. Ensure that this never happens again and TalkTalk adhere to the legally binding terms of their own contract (ie fixed broadband package price for the remainder of my 24 month contract with them).

4. Confirm everything in writing for my records.

Thank you in advance.

martswain
Philosopher

@nightoftheddemons88 

Re point 3.

If you read your contract, the fixed price refers to the combined broadband and line rental ONLY.

TV and any other boosts are subject to change with the appropriate notice.

Martin
Community Team
Solution

Hi @nightoftheddemons88

TV charge has been removed from your account going forward.  And the £4 credit has been added to your account. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

christographer
Participant
I've faced the same issue, I didn't know anything about having to opt-out, having to pay for TV without even having a set top box? Ridiculous. My contract ends in a couple of months. Bye bye Talktalk.
Thank you for your help and for resolving this issue now.

I think it was a terrible move and can't understand the motivation behind this so-called stealth charge. Why would a company damage customer loyalty and (already poor) reputation so willingly? I can't believe so many people behind the scenes ok'd this and thought it'd do the company good, especially in such a crowded and competitive commodity market where it's only really customer service that makes each brand stand out.

There's a huge gap in the market for simple internet only, with a fixed price, no upselling or extras and just a fuss-free service. I wonder why nobody's cracked that yet?

ferguson
Community Star

But the charge is optional and you have just cancelled it?