Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Penalty for loyalty - signing for fibre broadband

17 REPLIES 17
Cestrian42
Team Player

I currently have broadband and my contract finishes at the end of March. I am looking to upgrade to fibre and have seen an advert for TT fixed price fibre at £19.95 pm for 18 months. However, if I try to sign up for this deal the system recognises my postcode and telephone number and asks me to log into my account. When I do this I am then presented with the fixed fibre service at £25 pm. So TT think its ok to charge loyal customers £5.05 more than new customers? I thought that this sharp practice had been made illegal. 

The advert says "switch to TT for a fairer deal" but not if you are already a customer!!

Peter Walker
Divsec
Community Star

Hi Peter, your post has been flagged for assistance. A fellow customer had a very similar problem, documented the 19.95 offer with screenshots, went ahead with the 25.00 deal and then requested @oce_arne to kindly sort it out. https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing-Your-account-MyTalkTalk/Contract-renewal-cannot-get-the-...

Enough said?

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Cestrian42
Team Player

Thanks for your message Divsec. You say that my post has been flagged for assistance. Should I hear from somebody in TT?

I am even more confused today because depending on which comparison site you go on and click for the TT offer, the price on the TT site varies from £19.95 to £23 to £25. So it would seem that even TT don't know what price is correct.

Out of curiousity I was wondering how if you don't work for TT how are you abe to flag my post for assistance? 

Peter Walker
Divsec
Community Star

Hello Peter, you sound like a chap I used to work with in Warrington😀. The community has Community Stars (about 9 of us) who have been around a bit. We are not paid and are encouraged to get involved with a customer if we feel we can help. We are a bit like moderators in other fora .

In your instance I can only suggest what will happen, we need @OCE_Arne  to pick you this thread. He has the power!

Did you look at the thread i mentioned?

D

Slaphead
Team Player

The same was happening with myself also, when i went into "my account" to purchase, the price was more expensive, just take a screen shot of the offer price and TT do honour it..:clapping:

theanalyst
First Timer

I had the same issues with the price, when I received the confirmation e-mail, a £60 set up fee was put on canceling most of the saving. Customer services agreed to a credit, only they can't get that right either, they only credited £50. I have lost the will to fight anymore but I think all the bad publicity is right. 

theanalyst
First Timer

I had the same issues over price, when I received the e-mail re. contract, TT had slapped a £60 set up fee on which wasn't mentioned and cancels most of the saving. Customer services agreed to credit the fee but only did £50. I have lost the will to fight this any further but I am starting to believe all the negative press TT receive, it isn't rocket science!

Cestrian42
Team Player

Hi Divsec,

Thanks for your post. I await  OCE_Arne picking this up (if that is the right way of going about it).

Yes, I read the link.

Never worked in Warrington.

Peter

Peter Walker
Divsec
Community Star

Hi Peter, yes Arne or a colleague should pick up tomorrow.

Don't blame you for Warrington, it wasn't my favourite place?

Community Team

Hi @Cestrian42

Have you been through the sales process, I cant renew your service, you have to do that either online or via our loyalty team, (sales compliance need to be adhered to) Once the account has been renewed and you have your confirmation, I can then take action. 

Let me know when its done. 

drgwalker
Wizz Kid

I've been hit with a similar price hike this month. Average bill of £30 has been bumped to £43.50 with the extras. I've just spent over an hour speaking to one of the most unhelpful folks in Customer Service and I'm no further forward - Worse...it'll cost me £145.00 to cancel my contract as the 30 day cooling-off period has expired.

Can anything be done as I'm sorely tempted to take up an offer Virgin have in my area.

Cestrian42
Team Player

Haven't been through the sales process yet, but wll do so shortly then get back to you.

Peter Walker
ferguson
Community Star

@drgwalker I am not sure how your comments are relevant to this particular thread, but if you  have a billing issue that you would like the support team here to look into for you then start your own topic and they will gladly do so

Cestrian42
Team Player

Did online chat today and signed up for fixed price fibre at £19.95. No question raised by the TT person about it only being available for new customers which was good. A very long-winded process. The chat started at 12.07 and finished at 13.44!!! This needs looking into as I feel sure it can be made much quicker.

The email I then received says under "one-off charges" there is a set-up fee £60 and under "your discounts applied" a £50 set up fee welcome credit. I thought there was no set up charge but it would appear I will be charged £10 unless I have misunderstood the email which is head "your account has been updated".

Not been able to log into my account today. Keeping getting a message "sorry something went wrong. Please try later". Tried several times but same message. I will have to start a new thread if it persists tomorrow.

Peter Walker
ferguson
Community Star

The My Account problem is a known issue. 

jehu44
Wizz Kid

The same thing has happened to me. There was no mention of a set up fee when I agreed via online chat but it turns out that it will be £10. Hardly worth arguing about but it is not right.

ferguson
Community Star

@jehu44 If you mention it on your own topic then I am sure OCE Arne will look at it, as he will do here for the OP. 

jehu44
Wizz Kid

Thanks Ferguson, I've followed your advice.