Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Please cancel contract renewal

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I have just recieved an email to " Lock in a low Faster Fibre price for two more years" But when i clicked the link to find out more information it automatically renewed my contract. It then said if you clicked the link by mistake to call 0800 049 0133. I called the number but the lady in customer services didnt understand i wanted to cancel the renewal so she just put me on hold forever.

Please cancel the renewal. My current contract does not end until January 2020.

Thankyou

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi stemurray79sky

I'm sorry to hear this.

I would suggest contacting our Customer Service Team using the Live Chat button, they can look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Did you get an answer to this? I had the same email and it looks like it may not be genuine. The cancellation number does not seem to be one of Talk Talk's listed numbers. If it is a scam it has been done very well as they knew the amount I was currently paying (could have been an educated guess I suppose). 

I don't think clicking the link would have done any harm, but maybe the phone number is designed for getting customers to reveal personal details.

@stemurray79sky 

Highlighted
Highlighted
Chatterbox

@OCE_Arne In that case your marketing team need to speak to your customer services team, because the person I spoke to on live chat was adamant that it was a scam, and that I shouldn't have been receiving renewal emails when I still had five months remaining on my contract. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

After being passed around to 3 different departments I was told that I had not extended my contract!? Even though the confirmation screen came up!? I will have to wait and see!

Highlighted

Hi @stemurray79sky

I can confirm contract renewed 22.05.19 for 24 months. 

Regards

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi,  so after 3 different departments telling me it had not renewed you are saying it has renewed!?

Please cancel the renewed contract I clicked my mistake. I have the transcript from talktalk telling me it never renewed and my last renewed contract was on 23rd July 2018 which ends January 2020?

Latest bill received shows the increased contract price so obviously the 3 separate departments lied to me and it did renew.

Please adjust so my contract ends January 2020.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

18 months with TalkTalk, plus Ste's experience, have taught me that your live chat staff simply don't have a clue.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Please cancel my renewal too. I only clicked the link to investigate the 'scam' that your chat staff told me it was. 

Highlighted

Hi 

Cancellation cant be done by the community, due to sales compliance,  You will need to go though our retention's team. 

Regards

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

As someone who might well cancel, I would be grateful if you could explain to me what 'sales compliance' is and if it is enshrined in contract law?

Highlighted

In the same way that you agree to the terms and conditions when you agree to sign up, There are Terms and conditions to cancel that the named account holder must be made aware of.  

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Just out of interest, where does sending an email with a one-click renewal link fit in with the idea of 'sales compliance'?

Highlighted

There are terms and condition on the bottom email, there is also a link to the terms and conditions on talk talk website, By clicking the renew link you are agreeing to the terms. 

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I think you will find the T&C direct customers to this papagraph-

19 CONTACTING EACH OTHER
19.1 If you can’t find what you’re looking for on our help pages (www.talktalk.co.uk/help) or by chatting to our online chat agents, you can contact us by telephoning customer services on freephone 0345 172 0088 or 0203 441 5550 or 2883 from a TalkTalk SIM. We will need to verify your identity before we can speak to you about your account. If the person contacting us is not the account holder, we can only provide limited information. If you want to write to us, or if any paragraph in your agreement requires you to give us written notice, you can do this at www.talktalk.co.uk/contactus or by post to TalkTalk Correspondence Department, PO Box 675, Salford M5 0NL.

I prefer to write to you, rather than suffer another protracted, pointless conversation with one of your clueless sales advisors.

Highlighted

If you write to us to cancel, we will still need to speak to you to ensure that the named account holder is requesting to cancel. 

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I don't think so, it isn't in the T&C, is it?