Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Please correct the Service Centre in my account

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Please would you correct the Service Centre in my account,  in order that it does not show anticipated high speeds (it must be thinking we are on fibre still, as we used to be before we moved house in March). Although the word "UPDATED" appeared about a week or so ago, the numbers under that have not changed. Recently the speed has been, on average, about 12 and I do not think "fast" broadband would be likely to reach 35 or 40.

Thank you.

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/help/servicestatus/

UPDATED

Your Line Speed

Est. speed: 35 Mb - 40 Mb
Measured speed today: 18 Mb

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi JDean16,

I'm sorry for the delay. Just to confirm, did you keep the same number when you moved? Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thank you.

Yes we did ( https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Talktalk-engineer-not-returned-to-connect-the-fi... ).

Apologies for "multiple posting" but thought maybe this could / should be sorted out in here rather than the fibre threads. (?)

Highlighted

Hi JDean16

I will raise this with the My Account team,  There are a lot of issues with My Account displaying incorrect information at the moment that they are working to fix, hopefully when the next update is released it will be fixed.  

Sorry for any confusion caused.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thank you.

Whilst in the billing topics, as I said before, it seems that, before we moved house on 20th March, we used to pay less for faster fibre than we do now for "fast broadband". In March, faster fibre was £22.45, including a discount due to end in April next year; and unlimited UK calls boost was £6, again including a discount due to end in April next year. Now we pay £21.95 for fast broadband  including a discount ending December next year and we pay £12 for the UK calls boost. As that is surely not right, can you rectify that, please? 

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

A "round robin" email from the Talk Talk CEO rather rubbed salt into the wound, so to speak. 

We signed up to stay on Fibre when we moved house in March. Talk Talk have failed to put us on Fibre and we have been on Fast Broadband since 23rd March, yet paying more now than we used to pay for Fibre.

"We'll always write to you to ensure you’re on the best value package to suit your needs; and as a reminder, our Fixed Price Plans offer a great way to manage your outgoings with the guarantee of no mid-contract broadband price rises, so you'll only ever pay the price you signed up to."

Highlighted

Hi JDean16

I can see your fibre order is due to complete on the 18th.  

Once that is complete we can add the missing discount for the calls boost. 

Post back on the 18th

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thank you.

I read someone else being given help to use live chat so decided to use live chat myself: explained, hopefully concisely, what had happened since we moved house in March, and asked "Are you able to correct the matter so that we are not paying more for fast broadband than we used to pay for fibre?". After having received an apology for inconvenience caused, I was offered an upgrade to faster fibre (that we were on before we moved house), that would take effect on 18th September. We accepted the offer though, after previous assertions that it would happen, we wait and see, with hope, and look forward to receiving the welcome pack in the post.

I did say that we did not want anything that concerned television; however, the email mentioned a TV upgrade, which we would not use.

Highlighted

Just to confirm there is no TV portion connected to the fibre order. 

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
Thank you.
We look forward to receiving the welcome pack in the post.
Highlighted
Wizz Kid
The welcome pack, ie one page, arrived in the post today.

From the email received on the 9th, about the "new and improved package", and the live chat saved, it was understood that we would be paying £26.95 a month.
Looking again at the email - "Unlimited UK Calls Boost - Half Price" - that is also in the welcome pack; could someone clarify half price of what, please? In the welcome pack (not in the email) is "£8 discount for 18 months" - could someone clarify what that means, please?

At the time of the live chat, and from the email received on the 9th, we understood that we would be paying £26.95 a month; no more than that.
Highlighted

The £8 discount is off the fibre package (landline,linerental, internet) usually £29.95  the Unlimited calls boost is usually £12 so you have it for £6,  The notes on your account say you agreed 27.95 for 18 months.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
Thank you. We had found some of the wording confusing, with the addings on and the discounts.

We saved a copy of the live chat - I had said "Are you able to correct the matter so that we are not paying more for fast broadband than we used to pay for fibre?" and was told:
"By looking into the account I will be able to resolve your matter, and I will do this by offering you an upgrade deal to Faster Fibre.
The deal I have for is Faster Fibre for £21.95 and Unlimited UK Calls Boost for £6 and Free Speed Boost all this at a total cost of £27.95 for 18 months".

Thank you for the clarification.

Highlighted
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

We have Fibre.
Speeds are varying from the speed tests: 43, 19, 25, 39. Maybe it takes time to settle down.

If anyone can tell me why it did not happen nearly six months ago, you're a better man than I am, Gunga Din, as the saying goes, because it is beyond my comprehension having suffered months of stress.

When someone tells me how to do this, I shall mark the thread as finished / completed.

Highlighted

Hi JDean16

Glad we finally got there,  Speeds will generally settle down after 10 days.  ensure that you leave the router on,  otherwise DLM might start lowering the speed thinking the line is unstable 

As to why this didnt happen when they original order was placed , is a mystery but my guess it that when the engineer originally went out he discovered there was no capacity at the exchange at that time, so connected you to the LLU service. 

Again that is pure speculation on my part , As an apology I have made the calls boot free instead of half price for the remainder of your contract. 

Hope that's OK

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thank you.

The router is always on. I do not know what DLM is, but I don't want it lowering the speed thinking the line is unstable

"As to why this didnt happen when the original order was placed , is a mystery" - a mystery indeed. An engineer came, as expected, three days after we moved house on 20th March, and connected the router in the garage, to our surprise; and he said he would return to do the Fibre. The rest, as you know, is history; no engineer has been since, internet connection was intermittent and slow, we relocated the router in the house, appointments made and not kept, telephone calls between Talk Talk and ourselves, etc and, eventually, one live chat conversation produced Fibre. All is well now; fingers crossed.

Thank you for saying that you "have made the calls boot free instead of half price for the remainder of your contract." Sorry not to understand, but would you mind explaining that, please? Thank you.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
Are there still "issues with My Account displaying incorrect information"? I ask this because https://www.talktalk.co.uk/help/servicestatus/ is updated yet again and now shows:
"Est. speed: 54 Mb - 80 Mb
Measured speed: 70 Mb".
Perhaps it is thinking we are on something faster than fibre?
Highlighted
Community Star

You have a free speed boost,  mentioned by @OCE_Arne, @JDean16.

This will make your Fibre speeds faster.

It is normally @£5.00, unless applied at a special discount,  and yours is free. This is how it affects speed:

20200920_224617.jpg

Your Anytime Calls Boost is also free, instead of at the half price discount agreed earlier. 

I would relax and be happy with all of this!

Got there at last, @JDean16.

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted