Did you mean: 
Need help?

Router delivery

ANSWERED
10 REPLIES 10
derekross666
Popular Poster

Hi there, 

My engineer is due to come this Friday 8th Feb and i have not had any word on a router being sent out? 

Can you advise me please? 

Cheers

Derek

A fairly well known person said - A customer is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption of our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider of our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favour by serving him. He is doing us a favour by giving us the opportunity to do so.
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Derek

Here's the advice about router delivery via Royal Mail.

Have you received a delivery tracking reference by text or email?  If not, I've asked the TalkTalk Team to see what the status is.

Gondola - Community support team

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

derekross666
Popular Poster

Hi @Gondola 

I have not received any txt's or email's about a router being dispatched, and also on "My Account" This morning there was no update, but when i go to check now i get this message : 

Something went wrong. Please try again later.

It comes up with the cloud saying peparing your account or whatever but then i get that message with a big red X. 

Help would be appreciated as thats now 4 days until the Engineer comes and he's comming between 8am - 12 so i would think i need this router dispatched urgently.

Thanks

Derek

A fairly well known person said - A customer is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption of our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider of our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favour by serving him. He is doing us a favour by giving us the opportunity to do so.
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Derek

Routers are despatched from the logistics store on a next day delivery between 2 and 5 days before the go-live date.  I escalated a request this morning to the TalkTalk team and they should pick up tomorrow all being well.  They'll look at the account status and let you know with a response here.

Community Team

Hi derekross666

Thanks for your post.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

derekross666
Popular Poster

Hi @OCE_Arne ,

I've added the number shown in "My Account". 

If you look in my profile, the private part has several peices of information about my account. 

Now 3 days until the engineer arrives, so i would really appreciate if you could sort this out ASAP, because the engineer visit is AM on the 8th Feb - This Friday. 

Thanks a lot, 

Derek

Community Team
Solution

Hi @derekross666

The router has been dispatched and is due to be delivered today,

I have added the Royal Mail tracking number to your Private notes section of your community profile.  

Regards

derekross666
Popular Poster

I'd just like to say a huge thank you to you all here, esp. @Gondola  and  @OCE_Arne  you have renewed my faith in TT and my Openreach engineer was at my door at 8am (Took him 5 hours to get it up and running because he had a fair bit of wirning to do) but he was a gentleman and kept me updated all the way throughout the installation. We seem to have some great guys up in the NE Scotland doing the Engineering work, now have my Fibre up and running.

Did a quick Speedtest gave me the result of 74.1Mbps download and 19.5Mbps upload (Consistently over 10 tests thats the average on day 1); which is as near as make's no difference what I was promised although the Openreach Engineer said he had done one very close (within wifi range) with TT and after a few days they were nearer the 80mbps download so I'm totally impressed and would be happy to see mine climb to that too :tongue:. 

Might seem strange to see something positive :scream: as i haven't seen much but when i had my order problem the guys on this forum had it fixed the next day and the same with my router dispatch, It arrived the day before installation BUT not just that I got text messages from TT keeping me updated even with the estimated time of delivery which was great as I didn't need to take the entire day off. Same with the Openreach Engineer TT text'd me to say he was on his way and then his Name and Mobile number for my information and minutes later he arrived. :cooldude:

I really cant fault the service; like I say its all good for now (I don't want to jinx myself :quiet: ) but i hope it will run like it has done for the short time i've been able to use it today and a long time to come. :clapping:

Thanks again @Gondola :gold: & @OCE_Arne :gold: for a superb job, you should be a shining example to the phone/chat support from Hell. :watch: :seenoevil: :Hearnoevil: :Speaknoevil: <--- Recommended replacements :winkingface:

Best regards;

And have a great weekend,

Derek

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Derek

Thanks so much for your kind words. 

And for taking time out to review the service to date. Feedback is always good. I'm sure Arne will pass on your review to the provisioning team.

Enjoy your weekend also.

derekross666
Popular Poster

Thanks @Gondola & @OCE_Arne ,

I just felt i needed to post some feedback after being no less that totally stressed out trying to deal with moving home and the added annoyance of having problems the day i ordered my Fibre and calling up the support line and them moving me around for 3 hours then trying to sell me Fibre again :scream: ; Its then logical to most to come on here and vent BUT i have to say the service since joining your Community Forum has me turned around (Excellent service) and i'd recommend anyone with a problem to stay cool and see if the guys here can help you before reaching overload :winkingface: and remember these guys really are here to help, i can testify to that! :gold:

P.S. :bulb: My top tip is put your TT phone number, an alternate number if required and as much info in the private section as possible. You can put anything you don't want others to view, for example i put all the details i could find because then the guys here can help because this is a public forum so they need to verify who you are by more than just your name. (But

don't post any private stuff, just add it to your profile and ask your question! I hope someone finds that useful because it seems to be the first reply most posts get.) 

All the best, 

Derek

Community Team