would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

VAT invoices?

ANSWERED
5 REPLIES 5
acnescar
First Timer

Are Talktalk residential broadband/phone line bills VAT compliant?

I've tried the live chat but their answers are 'fuzzy' on this subject and they are unable to provide me with a sample bill. I've also tried to search the billing forum but cant see anything relating to this.

Thanks

Acne

ferguson
Community Star
Solution

If you want a VAT invoice you need to sign up for paper billing and then contact them:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Payment-methods-amp-Paying-your-bill/ta-p/2204899

acnescar
First Timer

Ace, thanks, that answers my question.

Odd they cant do them paperless and want an extra £24 per annum to provide them. That makes the service look less attractive, seems I'll have to keep looking around.

Acne

ferguson
Community Star

If you are VAT registered then perhaps you shoud be looking for a business service?

travis97
First Timer

What Utter rubbish

If you charge anyone vat and they request an vat invoice then by law you have to provide it free of charge,

it does not matter if they are a business or a member of the public it is the law you have to provide it,

and as for the link saying you cannot provide an vat invoice for a bill allready made up i think you will find the law states you have to provide one for any invoice dateing back 7 years ,

can you please confirm that this is talk talks stance on providing an vat invoice before i contact hmrc

many thanks

ferguson
Community Star

Do point to the law that states it has to be provided free of charge.