Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

email lost in system

19 REPLIES 19
debbieedmands
Popular Poster

after trying to update to a new email address a few months ago i have found this has not been done.i now find that iam out of contract paying £35 a month,i have been batteling with talktalk to resolve this.i can not log on to my account to change anything because both old and new emails will not work.many mins/hours with live chat (got shut down) phone calls told could take 28 days.

is it that hard?.all i want is to renew my contract (thinking twice now) and be able to log into my account. so many promises but not delivering.from a long standing customer

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @debbieedmands 

Do you see your monthly billing email notifications from TalkTalk?

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

debbieedmands
Popular Poster

no we recive nothing by email from talk talk as they dont seem to have our email adress linked to our account that is the problem

Gondola
Community Star

Hi debbieedmands 

I asked to see if you did have access to the email account that's registered with your MyAccount.

What you'll need to do is contact customer service on 0345 172 0088, free from your TalkTalk phone (8am to 8pm).

You'll need to have your account number ready, know your telephone enquiry password to give the agent selected characters from that password, and know the last 4 digits of the payment card set up to pay the bills. You'll also need an email address that you know you have access to for use as the MyAccount username.  You can use any email address but just be sure you can access that email account.

Tell the agent you cannot remember the MyAccount username or password.

Ask the agent to set up your MyAccount with a new email username.

debbieedmands
Popular Poster

There was an email address associated with the account. This was changed, but for some reason the new email address is located in you system somewhere but not associated with my account.  We have contacted via the online chat and via telephone but nothing has been sorted.

There is no way that we can access the account because the new email address is not associated with it.  We were advised that this could take 28 days to resolve but during this time we are paying a higher premium as the initial contract has ended plus we are being charged for paper invoices which should not be the case as the email address was changed.  We would like to stay with talk talk but cannot log on to up date the contract so do not know where we go from here, also during the conversations/online chats talk talk confirmed that the new email address was in the system so how hard is it to associate it to the correct account?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @debbieedmands 

Forget about the past. Erase from your head the old email address. Do not bring any of that up with the agent.

Create a new email address. Give that to the agent to associate with your MyAccount. 

Five minutes work. 

debbieedmands
Popular Poster

the agent on two of the phone calls to talk talk tried that while on the phone but the account would not let them do it says the tech guys would have to sort it out 28 days again but so far nothing

Gondola
Community Star

Hi debbieedmands 

The system will not let the agent use an email address that's already been used before.

Are you saying that you gave the agent a brand new, never before been used, email address and the system wouldn't allow that email address to be registered?

If so that's a fault and the agent should have raised a fault ticket and given you a reference number.

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add your preferred email address for the MyAccount login (and a brand new alternate, just in case) to Private notes and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account look up the fault reference and see what the status is for the MyAccount username issue.

debbieedmands
Popular Poster

hi yes they admit there is a fault that they are looking into we have a couple of incident nos Incident: 190123-001525,190216-000340, if this helps

debbieedmands
Popular Poster

any progress Gondola?

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi debbieedmands, could you check the landline number in your profile it doesn't bring up any live accounts. 

debbieedmands
Popular Poster

looks like things are getting worse then. Yes that is my correct tel No. and iam still using it and paying for it

debbieedmands
Popular Poster

also if i try to log on as a new customer with my phone no, to take out a new contract it tells me i allready have an account i really need this sorting asap as another company has a deal on untill 28 th that i may have to move to.as it seems the only way to resolve this

debbieedmands
Popular Poster

so it now seems talktalk do not have my telephone number or my email address linked to my account? This seems to be getting silly now. what will be next i ask.so far no email replies or post from talktalk even though i was informed there would be email upto 7 working days (16.02.19

Question Reference #: 190216-000340) please advise

Community Team

Hi @debbieedmands

The phone number in your profile does not bring up any accounts, which leads me to believe that your account may be with Onetel, on your monthly bill does it give you an account number, can you add it to your community profile. 

Thanks

debbieedmands
Popular Poster

thanks for your reply

unless Onetel is some sort of sister company to talktalk then no.I dont even know who they are let alone have a contract with them.We had to bite the bullet and renew our contract with talktalk yesterday 03.03.19 as the next billing cycle soon.There was no mention of me not being a talktalk customer and even a little loyality discount .(Though no email or post yet to confirm this as yet). I have added my acount number to my profile as taken from the paper bill with talktalk logo ect on it.Somthing else i have to pay for because of lack of email linked to my account

Community Team

Thank you.  

The 9 and the 3 are the wrong way around in your landline number in the profile, thats why we on here, couldn't find you. 

Ive asked our My Account team to take a look at your problem with updating your email. 

Ill let you  know when they come back. 

Community Team

Hi @debbieedmands

Can you please re-register for My Account using your preferred email address use the link here

Let me know how it goes.

debbieedmands
Popular Poster

So sorry for the wrong phone no.I have tried Re-istering my account today (after trying many times before to do so on tt advise) and wahoo it worked.Thanks for sticking with it

Community Team