cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

late payment on credit report even tho in credit.

6 REPLIES 6
stebay
First Timer

just had an email from credit report saying that a default from talk talk is going to be put on my credit file. I am in credit and this is wrong. I am in the middle of a mortgage application if this goes on my report it will affect my interest rates. 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @stebay 

I've alerted the TalkTalk Team. You'll get a response here from Monday onwards.

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account.

Has your account been in credit for 3 months or more?

Gondola - Community support team

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

stebay
First Timer
my contract has finished. there was a fault on my line. wich couldn't be repaired. that was 4 months ago. so I was told not to make a payment until my contract ends to recieve compensation for loss of broadband speed as the tt manager said they can't give compensation untill the fault is fixed or contract ends. so as it couldn't be fixed I waited 3 months untill contract ends to pay final bill wich I ended up £12 in credit. so I would like the late payment taking off my credit file
I8this
Super Duper Contributor

Who told you not to make a payment until your contract ends?

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile.
stebay
First Timer

a talk talk manager as I told him I wasn't happy paying for broadband that I'm not getting. the manager sent 4 engineers to fix this problem. it could not be repaired yet they still wouldn't finish my contract early. so manager said that he would put a hold on payments untill end of my contract in 3 months time. so this finished 16  Feb I got my final bill with compensation and I was £12 in credit. but what I didn't no is they have put a missed payments on my credit file. this is low for even talk talk. I had not missed 1 payment in 13months. 

martswain
Philosopher

I hope you got all of that in writing !

That will make it easy to explain to your mortgage provider.

If it does go on your credit report, add a notice of correction as soon as you can, making sure you cover all the major reference agencies.

Martin
Community Team

Hi stebay

Best advice would be follow our complaints process and have a complaint manager investigate this. 

Regards