Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

offers

ANSWERED
42 REPLIES 42
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

can existing customers still get new customer offers or have tt stopped offering that now ?

wizard
Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi @kkkev11 

The Sales page invites new customers in and says: "Change to a better deal whenever you want".

Change to a better deal whenever you want 24April2019.jpg

But the Small print says: "Offer terms for existing customers - Offers for Fixed Price Plans advertised by TalkTalk are available to new and existing TalkTalk customers who have less than 90 days remaining within the minimum term of their old contract. Existing customers need to sign a new Fixed Price Plan contract."

The Sales & Marketing team appear to be unaware that the Small print terms have been in place since November 2018.

In summary, if you're within 90 days of contract ending you should have no problem in getting advertised deals on renewal. If more than 90 days then quote the Sales page and let us know if you get your advertised deal. Best to talk directly to the Loyalty Team.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
thank you so much you are a star i can now see what they will offer before i mention the small print will let you know how it goes in a few days thanks again!!
wizard
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @kkkev11

Just to confirm Existing customers can only take current offers when they are in the last 90 days of their current contract. 

@Gondola  Thanks for flagging the page error, Where are you seeing that page, When I go to the link on the screenshot I don't see that page? 

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
yes my contract ends may 18 so should be ok
wizard
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I spent an hour trying to get the Fast Broadband (£17/month) but despite going to loyalty (SA) they could not offer it me , Best was £19.95 .

Mine expires on 20th May . You can only see this offer if you clear your browser cache ? 

Highlighted
Community Star

@sjaone wrote:

You can only see this offer if you clear your browser cache ? 

So it seems. And when I got there just now it looks different from the screenshot previously posted:

Screenshot 2019-04-26 at 17.20.44.png

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Managed to get the offer tonight (~ 17:30) .  CHAT   Other , re4quest renew £17/Month BB

Highlighted
Community Star

@sjaone wrote:

Managed to get the offer tonight (~ 17:30) .  CHAT   Other , re4quest renew £17/Month BB

That's great news, thanks for letting us know. 

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
nice one i will try in next 24 hours and let you know !!!!!!
wizard
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Well done, I'm within 90 days of my contract ending, cleared cache, currently on £17 and my renewal fantastic price is £22.95. Shell Energy's £15 a month is starting to sound quite attractive. The only downside is that it uses talktalk network.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
most providers use the same network apart from virgin cable
wizard
Highlighted
Community Star

@chrisb1953 wrote:

Well done, I'm within 90 days of my contract ending, cleared cache, currently on £17 and my renewal fantastic price is £22.95. Shell Energy's £15 a month is starting to sound quite attractive. The only downside is that it uses talktalk network.

Your renewal price will not always be the best price available. Where have you found the Shell Energy offer at £15 a month? And using the TalkTalk network for ADSL is hardly a downside, they were upgrading it to ADSL2+ with multi gigabit backhaul long before their competitors.  

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi ferguson, I'm a shell utility customer (as you know they used to be first utility) and up until the past couple of days were offering basic Internet for £15, however, I have just logged onto my account and this excellent introductory offer has now gone and the price has sadly risen to £17.99 and I've missed out, that's life. The other option was the post office price of around £15.80, I recall - which again uses the talktalk network. I'm out of the country most of the year hence my need for basic no frills Internet. What benefit will talktalk users see from the upgrade you mention? And will this be available to all that use the network. 

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I have just logged on to my shell utility account via moneysavingexpert link and the offer of £14.99 a month is still available. Blimey. 

Highlighted
Community Star

No, I didn't know any of that, but thanks for telling us. And most of us probably don't have that account to login to. Blimey.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Glad to help. There are approx 700,000 homes that are Shell utility customers, so presume a few are currently also talktalk customers. 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hey, go for it, I am all in favour of shopping around. Make sure you check out all the details though, for example Shell Energy are not a party to the recently introduced automatic compensation scheme in case anything goes wrong.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

hi gondola just been on live chat to amanda for about 1 hour just to find out that the talktalk advert for unlimited bb for £17 pcm is no longer available on the 29 04 2019 the best price was £19.95 pcm that was from the loyalty team  is there any wonder that talktalk are losing custom when i can go to any comparison site and it still says £17 pcm was £27 30% of  just wanted to let you all know about it  !!! 

wizard
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @kkkev11 

The TalkTalk Sales page this morning was offering Fast Broadband at £17 and Faster Fibre at £22.95 on 18 month contracts.  Attached pdf printed at 11.17am today.

The Loyalty team don't always have customer retention targets to achieve if their customer numbers are on the up and it looks like now is one of those times. 

However, there's no excuse for not matching the new customer price offer for any customer within 90 days of renewal.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer